Osceola Hills - Opinions

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2019, 07:29 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY
Default Osceola Hills - Opinions

I'd like some opinions from folks that live in Osceola Hills .. I have been biased in the past with the rectangle of 466 / 466 A .. but have recently seem some resales of homes that are only a few years old that look appealing. We're not golfers.. but like to eat out. Also travel to Orlando airport quite a bit. The Publix at Lake Deaton off of 44 looks convenient.. but what about the actual community and land .. water / runoff issues ? comments on Belle Glade and Rohan .. right now I'm close to Cane garden, seabreeze and lake miona Rec centers ..thanks
Old 05-05-2019, 07:41 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,755 Times in 3,630 Posts

I don't live there, but a close friend does. They love it. Less traffic since they are "in the corner of TV." I know there is growth South, but they feel the hiway is enough separation.

The only comment................."it's a haul to the squares."

Good Luck.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:35 PM

We live in Osceola Hills at Soaring Eagle which is west of Osceola Hills. We are in a Villa and we love it. It is close to Rohan Rec center which is very active. The Lake Deaton stores are great. We really don't have to leave for anything. We moved here from Buttonwood and feel closer to Colony than we did there. Being so close to 44 we can reach other areas very easily. If you continue down 501 you can cut about 15 minutes off the trip to Orlando. I know of no water or run off issues. It really only takes us 15 minutes to go to Brownwood or LSL. Spanish Springs is maybe 10 mins farther. That is not "a haul to the squares."
Old 05-05-2019, 10:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

It is fantastic. We have friends with a home there who are going to make it here soon to be full time. Our friends have said if you move that far away you'll never see us again. That's just another incentive. Just kidding. When it does come time to move it's going to be tough to leave the Historical Section but this is in the top 5 for us. We shall see.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

We live in Osceola Hills. I like that we do not have to turn left on a busy 4-lane road just to get out to a main road.

Before we came here 3 years ago, we studied the maps carefully. There were many new houses for sale south of 466A, but to get out of them we would have had to turn left onto Hillsborough or Pinellas, which are 4-lane roads (2 for cars, 2 for carts). I really do not like to do that.

When we drive down Pinellas or Hillsborough, I always see cars coming out the side roads and waiting to turn left, and I am glad we do not have to do that. When we leave our neighborhood, we go directly to a roundabout on Morse, where it is easy to go south or north.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:43 AM
Veteran member

We live in Osceola Hills. Very active village. Moved here from Buttonwood. Now takes us about 20-22 minutes to get to Cane Garden by golf cart. We love it here. Sumter Landing is still our favorite square, but Brownwood is really progressing. We enjoy all the shopping near by, Colony, Pinellas, Lake Deaton. Easy trip to all 3 major grocery stores & gas stations. Bridge over 44 will be done soon & we will be off to the Fenny areas by golf cart. "Come On Down"!!
Closed Thread

Tags
hills, osceola, opinions, lake, water

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.