Other choices other than Comcast

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I put my tv, internet services with Comcast on seasonal hold plan in April. All summer I have got the runaround with them saying I didn't do this and now they want to penalize me for their mistakes. Total frustration and lots of time wasted.

Do I have any options other than Comcast for these services in the Winifred neighborhood?

Thank you
We experienced the same thing this year. We went around and around with Comcast regarding the seasonal credit. It is a shame but it takes good documentation and persistence to win this battle. Why?

As much as I hate their billing customer service, I love their product. It fit's our viewing habits and is extremely easy to use.

Darn! Just can't win.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:35 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCsun View Post
We experienced the same thing this year. We went around and around with Comcast regarding the seasonal credit. It is a shame but it takes good documentation and persistence to win this battle. Why?

As much as I hate their billing customer service, I love their product. It fit's our viewing habits and is extremely easy to use.

Darn! Just can't win.
Because a lot of people just get tired and frustrated and give up.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:41 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

Got an email from Comcast asking how they did. Well maybe after I finish the survey I will get some help. Still waiting for the supervisor to give me a call back. Said they would call on 9-17. 2018? I won't give up until....
Old 09-21-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Got an email from Comcast asking how they did. Well maybe after I finish the survey I will get some help. Still waiting for the supervisor to give me a call back. Said they would call on 9-17. 2018? I won't give up until....
Bay Kid - The supervisor will never call. You must call them back and request a supervisor talk with you now. The service rep is supposed to document each time you call. Additionally, have them put in a work order to correct your bill and get them to give you the number of the work order. They will tell you someone will call within 24 hrs to inform you the work order was completed. That will never happen either. You will have to call them back regarding the status of the work order.
I discovered they did follow through on the work order and credit the bill . . . . they just fail to call you back to tell you the job is complete.
Like I said earlier their customer service sucks, but I like their product. I am thinking next year I will send them a certified letter with the beginning and ending date of my "service hold request". Maybe that will help! Wishful thinking!
Old 09-22-2018, 06:35 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCsun View Post
Bay Kid - The supervisor will never call. You must call them back and request a supervisor talk with you now. The service rep is supposed to document each time you call. Additionally, have them put in a work order to correct your bill and get them to give you the number of the work order. They will tell you someone will call within 24 hrs to inform you the work order was completed. That will never happen either. You will have to call them back regarding the status of the work order.
I discovered they did follow through on the work order and credit the bill . . . . they just fail to call you back to tell you the job is complete.
Like I said earlier their customer service sucks, but I like their product. I am thinking next year I will send them a certified letter with the beginning and ending date of my "service hold request". Maybe that will help! Wishful thinking!
I will get back on them next week, I need to regain my strength and hit them with both barrels!
Old 09-22-2018, 06:59 AM
Sage

I believe ours is a DB4e and pulls in about 50 channels from Orlando, including NBC (it can be difficult to pull in NBC reliably depending on where you are located, we receive it reliably). It was installed in the attic by Tom Grooms of VillagesAV.com. However, we have stopped using it in favor of streaming YouTubeTV for $35 per month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky25 View Post
Would you please tell us what antenna you are using & where did you buy it?
Closed Thread

Tags
comcast, services, mistakes, neighborhood, winifred

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.