Our 30 year old daughter...

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Default Our 30 year old daughter...

... will eventually be moving with us to The Villages for awhile until she can find her nitch. She's sick to death of the 8 month long winters in Chicago. (40 degrees and rainy today.) Seeing that she will be a resident but well under 55, are there activities that she cannot participate in? (i.e. clubs, health clubs, lifetime learning classes, sports activities...) Thanks.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

She's over 30, so no limitations. If under 30 but over 19, she couldn't use the sports or adult pools. There are several adult children living here with their parents for a myriad of reasons. I'm sure she'll find some friends and activities to her liking.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-15-2011, 02:44 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
She's over 30, so no limitations. If under 30 but over 19, she couldn't use the sports or adult pools. There are several adult children living here with their parents for a myriad of reasons. I'm sure she'll find some friends and activities to her liking.
If her name is not on the deed she will not get a resident pass, but would have to get a visitors pass, which would limit some access such as the sport pools, and free golf on the exec. courses. At least that is the information I was given.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:47 PM

She just needs to prove that she lives with you. Doesn't need to be on the deed.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
If her name is not on the deed she will not get a resident pass, but would have to get a visitors pass, which would limit some access such as the sport pools, and free golf on the exec. courses. At least that is the information I was given.

I believe this is incorrect. As a resident, even if not on the deed, I think she can get a resident pass, but she will need to provide proof of residence (i.e., copy of driver's license with Villages address and maybe a cellphone bill in her name with the Villages address). Might need to be renewed every 3 years? Someone who has a resident adult child can answer this for sure.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

ohiogirl has it right, including the 3-year renewal.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmac321 View Post
... will eventually be moving with us to The Villages for awhile until she can find her nitch. She's sick to death of the 8 month long winters in Chicago. (40 degrees and rainy today.) Seeing that she will be a resident but well under 55, are there activities that she cannot participate in? (i.e. clubs, health clubs, lifetime learning classes, sports activities...) Thanks.

Due to the conflicting information I would advise contacting Janet Y. Tutt, District Manager
janet.tutt@districtgov.org

I have found queries to her are promptly answered.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post
I believe this is incorrect. As a resident, even if not on the deed, I think she can get a resident pass, but she will need to provide proof of residence (i.e., copy of driver's license with Villages address and maybe a cellphone bill in her name with the Villages address). Might need to be renewed every 3 years? Someone who has a resident adult child can answer this for sure.
In addition voters registration card showing your address is helpful, as well as proof of address change (can do this online and print out the result). Also as mentioned a photo ID with address (florida license). Then eligible for resident's Id (good for 3 years) after which need to reverify proof of address every 3 years. Sounds involved but is fairly easy and the people at wedgewood lane (where you get the ID's) are very helpful. Call them if have questions. That's where Janet Tutt will refer you.

Hope this helps...........
Old 05-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmac321 View Post

mmmac321 -- I know what your daughter means about the 8 month long winters in Chicago. It got up to a whopping 47 degrees today in the N.W suburbs. Felt like March 15 instead of May 15. Then 5 days ago it was 90 degrees in Chicago, so go figure. Just want to wish your daughter good luck in her relocation.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:44 PM
Platinum member

Oh to be 30 again.
Stay off my lawn, ya darn kid.
Suffering from TV envy
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.