Our motivated Seniors are tracking down those vaccines.

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2021, 10:11 AM
Veteran member
Default Our motivated Seniors are tracking down those vaccines.

Despite Sumter County having no COVID vaccines for distribution, on Thursday the state reported 605 Sumter County residents received the vaccines.

I desperately want the mass vaccinations to return to The Villages so we can hit herd immunity and get back to normal. Kudos to those going out of their way and leaving the bubble to make that happen.
Old 01-23-2021, 10:14 AM
Veteran member

Friends wife and mom were just scheduled for shots Monday at Wildwood comm. center ...so some parts of sumter still have vaccine
Old 01-23-2021, 11:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
Friends wife and mom were just scheduled for shots Monday at Wildwood comm. center ...so some parts of sumter still have vaccine
Here is why. Sumter county HD..
01/21/21 Covid Vaccination Updates | Florida Department of Health in Sumter
Old 01-23-2021, 11:20 AM

the 600 in Sumter were from the one day phone call in, and the 2 days from the online registration the offered. Those have now been told we will receive our second dose.
Now Sumter has taken over offering doses that were first set up through the safe restart program from what I understand. But yes, it takes determination, luck and tracking down every source to obtain it right now. Hopefully that will start changing soon.
Old 01-23-2021, 02:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Some people have been lucky. My neighbor that I golf with, on Monday of last week they both got appointments with Safe Start behind Fresh Market. His wife got a vaccine that Thursday a week ago, then on Friday they ran out and he didn't get his.

Then this week he was the Publix website on Wednesday and got appointment for Friday at Inverness in Citrus County, about 20 miles west. He got his vaccine yesterday (Friday), so they both have received their shots and I'm still trying to get our first appointment.
Old 01-23-2021, 02:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

It's a shame that getting the shot is proving so hard, but great news that some people are getting it. Every little helps, and I'm sure the log-jam will be broken soon.

You would think that a concerted mass vaccination in the country's largest retirement community would be the most efficient use of limited supplies (after those on the front line, of course) but I guess the situation is unique so we are still low on the learning curve.
Old 01-23-2021, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
Despite Sumter County having no COVID vaccines for distribution, on Thursday the state reported 605 Sumter County residents received the vaccines.

I desperately want the mass vaccinations to return to The Villages so we can hit herd immunity and get back to normal. Kudos to those going out of their way and leaving the bubble to make that happen.
Kudos to those that have found a way to get the shot(s). Unfortunately, herd immunity is a long ways off. There are many very active out and about Villagers under the age of 65 that have no idea when they might finally have an opportunity to get vaccinated.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:49 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Kudos to those that have found a way to get the shot(s). Unfortunately, herd immunity is a long ways off. There are many very active out and about Villagers under the age of 65 that have no idea when they might finally have an opportunity to get vaccinated.
Latest estimate is that we are closer to herd immunity than the media is letting on per Johns Hopkins Health. Couple the vaccine with the millions who have already had Covid, which is much more than the oft repeated numbers in the media, and the estimate is that we may be only 2-3 months away from herd immunity, assuming the Feds don't screw it up.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
Latest estimate is that we are closer to herd immunity than the media is letting on per Johns Hopkins Health. Couple the vaccine with the millions who have already had Covid, which is much more than the oft repeated numbers in the media, and the estimate is that we may be only 2-3 months away from herd immunity, assuming the Feds don't screw it up.
Not good at math huh?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-24-2021, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
So the link talks about scheduling those who had an appointment that was cancelled. It DOES NOT talk about those who were accepted but not yet scheduled for appointment. What about those people? Yeah, I know...call the Health Department!
Old 01-24-2021, 08:22 AM

Old normal isn't coming back. Welcome to the new normal. It will take 3 to 4 years to get all people living in America vaccinated. And, with new strains constantly breaking out, be ready to get annual vaccinations like the flu.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:53 AM
Default Orange County Convention Center Vaccine

We got a vaccine yesterday at the Orange County Convention Center. Our appointment was between 3-4pm. We arrived approximately 2:45 & there was no line. From the time we entered the convention center the individual checked our bar code on our phones to ensure we were there on correct date. We followed the maze around & pulled right up into the parking garage where where they checked us in, asked normal covid questions, stuck a bar code label on our shirt & pulled up to where injections are given. Once injected they provided a card with injection info & asked us to bring it back on our next appointment for 2nd injection. We were then instructed to drive out of parking garage to a waiting area for 15-30 mins to ensure no reaction. Upon leaving that area you were checked out, bar code scanned asked a few more questions. Our total time was approximately 30 minutes. On another note, my sis & husband had a 10 to 11 time slot. They arrived at 9:40 & the line of cars was long. It took them an hour & a half to get up to the parking garage where injections are given. Overall it was very efficient & well organized. The convention center is 60 miles away in Orlando, but well worth the trip.
Old 01-24-2021, 09:03 AM

I want tho know why the Governor and The Village have not made sure that we have had a place to get a vaccination? WHY?
Old 01-24-2021, 09:41 AM

Veterans over the age of 75, call the VA at Mulberry.
Old 01-24-2021, 09:55 AM
Default Vaccines

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post

https://www.**************.com/2021/...-gmr-left-off/
Closed Thread

Tags
vaccines, sumter, county, villages, hit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.