Our motivated Seniors are tracking down those vaccines.

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2021, 05:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
You might want to check your numbers again.

In Florida, based on cumulative data through 1/22/2021:

There have been 1,176,728 people who have only received their first dose of the vaccine, and another 151,447 people who have completed the series.

A total of 1,328,175 people have been vaccinated.

Since the population of those 16+ years is 17,724,748, that translates into 1 in every 13 people 16 or older who have been vaccinated with at least the first dose.

% of people 16 or older who have been vaccinated (at least 1 dose): 7.49 %
% of people 16 or older who have been vaccinated (both doses): 0.85 %

In county, based on cumulative data through 1/22/2021:
In Sumter county
There have been 12,674 people who have only received their first dose of the vaccine, and another 307 people who have completed the series.

A total of 12,981 people have been vaccinated and 13,288 doses have been administered.

Since the population of those 16+ years is 124,023, that translates into 1 in every 10 people 16 or older who have been vaccinated with at least the first dose.

% of people 16 or older who have been vaccinated (at least 1 dose): 10.5 %
Yes, your numbers are for 16+, my numbers are for 65+.
Old 01-24-2021, 05:06 PM
Default Motivated Seniors

Why isn’t the National Media all over this!?
They would have been a month ago!
Old 01-25-2021, 07:44 AM
Default Global Medical Response Registrants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
Friends wife and mom were just scheduled for shots Monday at Wildwood comm. center ...so some parts of sumter still have vaccine
Does anyone know exactly by who and how postponed GMR registrants are being notified?
--Is it email, phone, or text?
--Is it GMR or Sumter County notifyng?
--If it is phone, does anyone know the phone number they are calling from?

Between caller ID and Nomorobo screening calls from scammers, I don't want to miss it if by phone!

Same questions for those getting second shots from GMR.

Thank you!
Old 01-25-2021, 08:08 AM
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpisarek View Post
We got a vaccine yesterday at the Orange County Convention Center. Our appointment was between 3-4pm. We arrived approximately 2:45 & there was no line. From the time we entered the convention center the individual checked our bar code on our phones to ensure we were there on correct date. We followed the maze around & pulled right up into the parking garage where where they checked us in, asked normal covid questions, stuck a bar code label on our shirt & pulled up to where injections are given. Once injected they provided a card with injection info & asked us to bring it back on our next appointment for 2nd injection. We were then instructed to drive out of parking garage to a waiting area for 15-30 mins to ensure no reaction. Upon leaving that area you were checked out, bar code scanned asked a few more questions. Our total time was approximately 30 minutes. On another note, my sis & husband had a 10 to 11 time slot. They arrived at 9:40 & the line of cars was long. It took them an hour & a half to get up to the parking garage where injections are given. Overall it was very efficient & well organized. The convention center is 60 miles away in Orlando, but well worth the trip.
This is very helpful information!
My wife is scheduled for 1/29 and 2/26. I was very impressed with the registration process at CDR Health Pro.
I had first shot with GMR and waiting to see what will happen with the second.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN48 View Post
Does anyone know exactly by who and how postponed GMR registrants are being notified?

Between caller ID and Nomorobo screening calls from scammers, I don't want to miss it if by phone!

Thank you!
I chose to be notified by email finding it more convenient to review on the laptop.
In the GMR and AMR websites there is a contacts tab. Go there and fill out the form.

I did on both websites and within a week received responses.
We are in the category that has been acknowledged as approved to be registered ("on the list"); to be notified when it is our turn to be scheduled. We registered 1/11/2021....received confirming email we were approved to be on the list along with the date and time noted...we continue to wait "our turn" when ever vaccine becomes available.

The email responses did state if you are on the list you will be notified when it is your turn....in the order of the registration date and time.......when ever they get a supply of vaccine.

In an environment of suspicion and distrust we have the alternatives of waiting that GMR is and will be doing the right thing.

Or start looking for other means of accessing vaccine opportunities.

To date I have not read or heard anything that would lead us to believe GMR will not deliver on their commitment(s).

For us (me) it is not an option to try to compete with hundreds of thousands of applicants on multiple sites at all times of the day and night on all sorts of devices...competing for too few doses.

We have no need to be first. Just a commitment to a schedule.

All made very difficult by the lack of adequate information, rumors and way too much misinformation.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:35 AM
Sage

Quote:

Thank you!
Yes, I'd like to know that, too. But I imagine they are still notifying those who've had their first shot. Sounds like Sumter Co. is doing the notifying of that group.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:

Thank you!
My sister was notified today and given an appointment for her first shot. She received a phone call from the Dept. of Health. She was not given an appointment for her second shot. She was told they MAY schedule her second shot when she is at the Wildwood Community Center for her first shot. Sis was originally registered with GMR (Saferestart website) but was shut out when they ran out of vaccine.

That is good news for all those who have been waiting to hear about an appointment for their first shot.

Last edited by coffeebean; 01-25-2021 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-25-2021, 04:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Was she registered previously?
The web site states they are not accepting new registrations.
Old 01-25-2021, 04:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:

Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Yes, I'd like to know that, too. But I imagine they are still notifying those who've had their first shot. Sounds like Sumter Co. is doing the notifying of that group.
SumterCounty HD.
01/21/21 Covid Vaccination Updates | Florida Department of Health in Sumter
Old 01-25-2021, 05:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,926 Times in 2,452 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboat View Post
Veterans over the age of 75, call the VA at Mulberry.
I think you have to be in there system which probably means patients?
Old 01-25-2021, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
Despite Sumter County having no COVID vaccines for distribution, on Thursday the state reported 605 Sumter County residents received the vaccines.

I desperately want the mass vaccinations to return to The Villages so we can hit herd immunity and get back to normal. Kudos to those going out of their way and leaving the bubble to make that happen.
The daily report that I read from the Florida Department of Health states "This table is the number of people who received their first dose or completed their COVID-19 vaccine series yesterday and cumulatively by county of residence." It does not list the county where the shot was administered.
Old 01-25-2021, 05:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Was she registered previously?
The web site states they are not accepting new registrations.
I guess you are addressing me (coffeebean)?

Yes, my sister was registered with GMR already. She got her appointment for her first shot on the Saferestart website. Her appointment was cancelled due to lack of vaccine.
Old 01-26-2021, 06:49 AM
Default Update on postponed GMR appointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I guess you are addressing me (coffeebean)?

Yes, my sister was registered with GMR already. She got her appointment for her first shot on the Saferestart website. Her appointment was cancelled due to lack of vaccine.
Wife now scheduled for vaccine with Sumter County. She received a call on her cell phone, caller ID said "Wildwood". She originally had an appointment with GMR for January 18.

So, movement down the list is progressing. Would move a lot faster if Sumter County received more vaccine! The Global Medical Response system was excellent-just not supported by supply.

Orange County appointments were cancelled to make them available to others.
Old 01-26-2021, 07:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john352 View Post
The daily report that I read from the Florida Department of Health states "This table is the number of people who received their first dose or completed their COVID-19 vaccine series yesterday and cumulatively by county of residence." It does not list the county where the shot was administered.
If you go to the Florida department of health’s Covid page and hit vaccine data it takes you to:

http://ww11.doh.state.fl.us/comm/_pa...ort_latest.pdf

Scroll to the bottom to see data by county.

Or, an epidemiologist takes information from the state of Florida and puts it in easy to read graphs and tables at

VACCINE - COVID-19 in Florida (Dr. Jason Salemi)
Old 01-26-2021, 08:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Wife now scheduled for vaccine with Sumter County. She received a call on her cell phone, caller ID said "Wildwood". She originally had an appointment with GMR for January 18.

So, movement down the list is progressing. Would move a lot faster if Sumter County received more vaccine! The Global Medical Response system was excellent-just not supported by supply.

Orange County appointments were cancelled to make them available to others.
My sister's original appointment with GMR was also January 18.

Tags
vaccines, sumter, county, villages, hit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.