Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Out of place? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/out-place-35759/)

K9-Lovers 02-12-2011 11:35 PM

Recently took a look and I think the house is going to look great! Yes, it is larger than the small single-wides on either side, but I'm betting this is what will happen to a number of the oldest, original homes. The oldest will be razed and be replaced either by larger prefabricated homes, or by stick-built homes.

jebartle 11-14-2011 07:31 AM

What is the boix on the right of home?

looks like a bank night deposit! Hmmm!

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9-Lovers (Post 330403)
Recently took a look and I think the house is going to look great! Yes, it is larger than the small single-wides on either side, but I'm betting this is what will happen to a number of the oldest, original homes. The oldest will be razed and be replaced either by larger prefabricated homes, or by stick-built homes.

Mudder 11-14-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jebartle (Post 417845)
looks like a bank night deposit! Hmmm!

That is exactly what i think everytime I go buy there. I'm just going to have to stop the cart, get out and investigate closer.

cquick 11-14-2011 05:12 PM

Are you saying that a person could buy a manufactured home and tear it out and replace it with a site built home? I am surprised....I would think that there would be a restriction replacing an older manufactured home with a new manufactured home, but not with a site built home. hmmmmm

Bill-n-Brillo 11-14-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cquick (Post 417995)
Are you saying that a person could buy a manufactured home and tear it out and replace it with a site built home? I am surprised....I would think that there would be a restriction replacing an older manufactured home with a new manufactured home, but not with a site built home. hmmmmm

Yep - that can....and has....been done in the Historic area - with appropriate approvals, etc., I'm sure.

Bill :)

Pturner 11-14-2011 08:13 PM

Can't wait to find out what the "box on the right of the home" that looks like a bank deposit box is.

golf2140 11-14-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pturner (Post 418049)
Can't wait to find out what the "box on the right of the home" that looks like a bank deposit box is.

I agree, every time I pass that house I think it has a night deposit vault.

bkcunningham1 11-14-2011 08:54 PM

I think it is a fireplace built into the wall.

bkcunningham1 11-14-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cquick (Post 417995)

It is being done all over the historic side. There are some really beautiful homes being built and some really nice modular homes replacing the older manufacturered homes.

Bill-n-Brillo 11-14-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 (Post 418059)
I think it is a fireplace built into the wall.

That gets my vote as well. Sandy and I checked the place out when we were last there in June. Looks about like the only thing it could be to me. But what do I know??? :loco:

Bill :)