Film Photography or Alternative Process

Closed Thread
Old 12-18-2019, 11:05 AM
Default Film Photography or Alternative Process

Is there anone out ther in TV doing film photography or alternative process ? We will be relocating within 1-2 years and I'm looking for someone or a group with similar interest.
Old 12-23-2019, 12:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmstevens View Post
Is there anone out ther in TV doing film photography or alternative process ? We will be relocating within 1-2 years and I'm looking for someone or a group with similar interest.
You might want to check with The Villages photography club.

Home - The Villages Photoraghy Club
Old 12-23-2019, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,089 Times in 2,230 Posts

I have several film cameras, and have not used any of them for years, from movie cameras (Bolex) to 35mm to 110 and disk cameras. I will be following this thread to see what 'develops' OK sorry for the pun.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:47 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,252 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I have several film cameras, and have not used any of them for years, from movie cameras (Bolex) to 35mm to 110 and disk cameras. I will be following this thread to see what 'develops' OK sorry for the pun.
If this thread does develop, I hope we are not left in the dark.
Old 12-23-2019, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We use our 35mm, process our selves. Problem with no basement here it’s a challenge. When I take a picture it needs to be my talent, not a camera that can make it better. Feels like I am cheating
Old 12-23-2019, 06:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
You may want to cash out on that old gear -- try KEH. I've sold several film cameras to them, no hassle.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

There are several Facebook pages for The Villages. Posters are always putting up photos from around the area. Here's a link and look for one poster named Sheldon Boyd, he puts up photos almost everyday. With all the time you have until you move, you can converse with him. There's many other as well, I just noticed about ten posters have put up photos of a rainbow from this afternoon.

Old 12-23-2019, 08:10 PM

Hehe, well good to see all the good humor here. Thanks for all this information. We shall see what develops and I hope we don’t keep anyone out in the dark.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:13 PM

Well maybe you’ll dust off a few and take them out for photo walk someday. If we can connect when we get down there I’ll skip you a few rolls to start with. All the best.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
We use our 35mm, process our selves. Problem with no basement here it’s a challenge. When I take a picture it needs to be my talent, not a camera that can make it better. Feels like I am cheating
Not sure what that means? The camera can only shoot what you want it to shoot. How you post process makes it look how you want it to look. How you use your chemicals and light gives you the look you want, same as post processing software gives you the look you want. The capability of the digital cameras can only enhance your talent, they can't replace it.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 12-26-2019, 06:14 PM

Yep, all true. I try not to get hung up on what' best. What's best for me may not be what's best for you. Just looking to use film and alternative processes as creative tools, and looking to find those who enjoy the same.
Old 12-26-2019, 06:16 PM

Thank you for the link, although, I am no longer a FB user. Life is so much nicer without it. But I will keep my eyes open for Sheldon's work.
Old 12-26-2019, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
It's been a long time since I've developed my own film. Maybe you can give me a refresher course when we get relocated to TV. I would be happy to share some of my photo shills as well.
Closed Thread

Tags
film, alternative, process, photography, 1-2

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.