Outsiders bringing their golf carts here

Closed Thread
Old 12-23-2019, 08:43 PM
Default Outsiders bringing their golf carts here

Just curious if anybody else experience this. This evening around 6pm their was a group of 5 carts going south on Morse from the Spanish Springs area, they were going 25-30 mph and blowing straight through the red lights, a few were passing each other in the grass and a few were just running in the traffic lanes. When they got to the tunnel going under 466 they were running side by side drag racing through it. They all pulled into Sunset Point skidding through the wet grass with their big knobby tires. After drinking a few beers they tossed their empties in the bushes and raced over the bridge to City Fire like they owned the town. The reason I think they are from outside of the bubble is because most of them had the 6 inch lift kits and big stereos on their carts and they all were in their mid twenties.
If the Villages don’t get a handle on this now, when they finish that residential section by Trailwinds on 466a this place will be overrun by outsiders and coming from a golf cart community in Georgia that every teenager has a golf cart it will not be pleasant.
Old 12-23-2019, 09:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

////
Old 12-23-2019, 09:23 PM

What does //// mean?
Old 12-23-2019, 09:40 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliets View Post
Just curious if anybody else experience this. This evening around 6pm their was a group of 5 carts going south on Morse from the Spanish Springs area, they were going 25-30 mph and blowing straight through the red lights, a few were passing each other in the grass and a few were just running in the traffic lanes. When they got to the tunnel going under 466 they were running side by side drag racing through it. They all pulled into Sunset Point skidding through the wet grass with their big knobby tires. After drinking a few beers they tossed their empties in the bushes and raced over the bridge to City Fire like they owned the town. The reason I think they are from outside of the bubble is because most of them had the 6 inch lift kits and big stereos on their carts and they all were in their mid twenties.
If the Villages don’t get a handle on this now, when they finish that residential section by Trailwinds on 466a this place will be overrun by outsiders and coming from a golf cart community in Georgia that every teenager has a golf cart it will not be pleasant.
So you watched all of this going on from Spanish Springs to Sumter landing?
Steve
Old 12-23-2019, 09:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
What does //// mean?

It means that since you can't delete a post in its entirety once it is posted, I decided my initial response might have been taken as too political...and deleted it the only way you can here.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,437 Times in 3,081 Posts

Quote:
So let me get this straight:

You were in a position to observe 5 golf carts near Spanish Springs, move to Morse, drive all the way to Buena Vista and cross to Sunset Pointe, stop long enough to drink a few beers, go all the way BACK to City Fire.

At 30 mph, that complete experience would have taken probably around 40 minutes (including the stop for the beers).

I'm guessing that the police didn't come to stop them because you chose not to call them, during this entire time.

Why were YOU going so fast by the way?
Old 12-23-2019, 10:09 PM

Never said that I watch all that from SS to LS. I came out of Rio Grande Ave. and as I was turning south onto Morse I almost got sideswiped by the little ****s. Then when I got to the tunnel one was turned around on the down ramp to the tunnel, I stopped to let them get ahead of me then caught up to them again at Sunset Point and again when I parked in front of the theater.
And to Coldnomore, I love to political post.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:11 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Never said that I watch all that from SS to LS. I came out of Rio Grande Ave. and as I was turning south onto Morse I almost got sideswiped by the little ****s. Then when I got to the tunnel one was turned around on the down ramp to the tunnel, I stopped to let them get ahead of me then caught up to them again at Sunset Point and again when I parked in front of the theater.
And to Coldnomore, I love to political post.
Doesn't pass the smell test.
Steve
Old 12-23-2019, 10:16 PM

Holy s..., never realized I needed to include everything detailed. Before going down Rio Grande I left Outback, before that I stopped at Ross’s but didn’t really think that added anything to me asking if anybody else had that experience, and yes the sheriffs department was called.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Wonder what the OP thinks The Villages should do about this....sounds like a police issue and since The Villages doesn't have a police force not much they can do. If you called the Sheriff then the followup is with them.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 12-23-2019, 10:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Ah charliets, I feel your pain. I remember my first time being put on cross-examination. Ain't it just grand? I think you may need Legal Representation! Lemme see somebody comes to mind. Hmmm, Try Morgan & Morgan. Don't worry about those that were just teasing you, it's all in the spirit of fun and the Holidays. It's their way of saying welcome to the Squad!

I got your point. Just an innocent post.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
So, you saw them stop, drink a few beers, and then leave - as you were driving by?
Old 12-23-2019, 10:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
What does //// mean?
That is indication the post was deleted by the poster.
Old 12-24-2019, 06:51 AM

Did you call the police? If they were there long enough to drink "a few beers" plenty of time to end that behavior.
Old 12-24-2019, 07:16 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall22204 View Post
Did you call the police? If they were there long enough to drink "a few beers" plenty of time to end that behavior.
Especially with the Sheriff's office being right across the lake less than half a mile away.
Steve
Closed Thread

Tags
carts, golf, side, grass, running

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.