Outsiders bringing their golf carts here

Closed Thread
Old 12-24-2019, 03:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Sounds like ATVs, but they look nothing like a golf cart, but do have tires to off road. Up north they are pretty common, to use on large acres of property. We have a couple at the lake cottage. Speed can average up to 50mph.
Old 12-24-2019, 05:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

We have a Camouflaged 850CC QUAD. Sounds just like what you described. Earlier on I was just trying to be Nice in the Spirit of the Season.

We do take it out late at night. Like 9.30 but act very nicely
Old 12-24-2019, 06:26 PM

I suspect these marauders were in actuality terrorists conducting a dry run. Hopefully, everyone here in TV has an escape plan or a fortified safe space!
Old 12-24-2019, 06:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sglickler View Post
What theater is at Sunset Point?
I guess you over looked the word “and”
Old 12-24-2019, 06:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win1894 View Post
I suspect these marauders were in actuality terrorists conducting a dry run. Hopefully, everyone here in TV has an escape plan or a fortified safe space!
I prefer colt peacekeeper.
Old 12-24-2019, 06:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Sounds like ATVs, but they look nothing like a golf cart, but do have tires to off road. Up north they are pretty common, to use on large acres of property. We have a couple at the lake cottage. Speed can average up to 50mph.
And here only service vehicles are allowed on MMP.
Old 12-24-2019, 11:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

I saw a Smart Car on the MMP that runs along the side of El Camino Road yesterday. It was pretty weird and I wondered how they could even get on that path at all, considering that there's a pole to block access to anything bigger than a golf cart at the turn heading toward Morse.
Old 12-24-2019, 11:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I saw a Smart Car on the MMP that runs along the side of El Camino Road yesterday. It was pretty weird and I wondered how they could even get on that path at all, considering that there's a pole to block access to anything bigger than a golf cart at the turn heading toward Morse.
Are you sure it was a Smart? There is a new Atomic GC that looks very much like a Smart at quick glance and is pretty close in size (Smart is a bit wider):

2 Door Version:
The Villages Florida

And 4 door version:
The Villages Florida

Last edited by EdFNJ; 12-24-2019 at 11:54 PM.
Old 12-25-2019, 03:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Smart car is shorter than our golf cart, close to the same width, and fits in our golf cart garage. But If it’s a smart car it’s plated should not be on mmp
Old 12-25-2019, 03:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
And here only service vehicles are allowed on MMP.

As I stated our quads are still up north, so not a problem for the MMP here
Old 12-25-2019, 06:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Smart car, stupid driver?
Old 12-25-2019, 07:48 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Are Smart Cars cheaper than a decked out cart? Can we get a golf carrier on the rear w/sand bottle? We might need a dealership in TVs.
Old 12-25-2019, 10:02 AM
Default Doesn't make sense

The problem here is not what you did after Outback. The problem is that SUNSET POINT is SOUTH of Lake Sumter Landing which is where City Fire and the Theater are located.
If you were coming from Morse you would be at your theater and they would be at City Fire without hitting Sunset Point.

HOLD THE PHONE...I just got it...
You mean the pull off place on Morse where people watch the sunset, not Sunset Point which is a Village South of Sumter Landing.

Now to your point...Yes there are some people who enter the Villages in golf carts that don't belong here. At the same time many of our resident's visitors drive and act just like you described.
Old 12-25-2019, 12:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOGSAREKEEPERS View Post
The problem here is not what you did after Outback. The problem is that SUNSET POINT is SOUTH of Lake Sumter Landing which is where City Fire and the Theater are located.
If you were coming from Morse you would be at your theater and they would be at City Fire without hitting Sunset Point.

HOLD THE PHONE...I just got it...
You mean the pull off place on Morse where people watch the sunset, not Sunset Point which is a Village South of Sumter Landing.

Now to your point...Yes there are some people who enter the Villages in golf carts that don't belong here. At the same time many of our resident's visitors drive and act just like you described
Semantics.

From the time we first rented here over 10 years ago, almost everyone I know (you being an exception, obviously)...have always referred to this pull-off as..."Sunset Point."

Now back to the regularly scheduled...OP bashing.

Old 12-25-2019, 02:45 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quite simply, Community Watch AND the Sheriff should have been called when first witnessed on Morse. They were a danger to themselves and others, were driving illegally on a public street rather than just a multi-modal path (where the Sheriff has no jurisdiction). It does sound more like ATVs than golf carts, though, which are not allowed in TV.

I’ve never seen this type of behavior but have seen some incredibly stupid behavior by visitors (normally college grands visiting), such as five on a 2-seater golf cart. And, yes, I did call the Sheriff and, yes, the Sheriff did stop them.

And, yes, neighboring communities do get here by golf cart. Most treat our pathways more respectfully than we and our guests do. The Villages owns the multi-modal paths. The Counties own the golf cart paths that run adjacent to roads, such as on Morse. TV has no say as to what is driven there.

I’m not going to question the veracity of the OP. Things may have been exaggerated to show what can happen. It could have been imagination at what could happen. It could be what was seen in Georgia. It could have actually happened. It’s absolutely irrelevant to the main issue — non-villagers having access to the paths.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

Tags
carts, golf, side, grass, running

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.