This should make people in isolation at their Villages homes feel a little bit better

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2020, 05:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts
Default This should make people in isolation at their Villages homes feel a little bit better

Well, you lucky folks had high 80's with sunshine, while up here in the Berkshires we have mid 20's and a good old fashion spring Noreaster. Below are some pictures I took with my iPhone while walking our dog around the yard at about 4:45 this afternoon. At the time of the pictures we had about 4 inches of snow and by now at least another inch. The weather forecast calls for at least 8 inches before this storm stops around midnight. The bird feeders that we filled yesterday evening are all empty since all their other food sources are covered with snow. This is the real heavy wet snow that sticks to the trees, so there is a reasonable probability that tree branches will be taking out power lines and we will go dark. We are fortunate to have a generator (and lots of gas) so we shouldn't lose our perishable and frozen food and we can run our well pump and have plenty of water.

It's about time this boy gets his butt back outside and splits some more firewood to keep the wood stove going. I thought we had plenty of wood split for the remainder of the season because we were supposed to be at our Villages home right now, but had to cancel our trip for obvious reasons.

How do we wish we were in isolation at our Villages home right now, sitting in our bathing suits out by our pool sipping a frozen margarita and waiting for the sun to set over the preserve. Oh well, hopefully things will get back to normal sometime not to far away from now?
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	sidehouse.jpg
Views:	886
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	83269   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	backhouse.jpg
Views:	877
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	83270   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	sgirls.jpg
Views:	873
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	83271  
Old 03-23-2020, 06:29 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

It's too early to be this hot down here, we're missing the great spring wether we should be having and seem to have gone right into summer
Old 03-23-2020, 06:29 PM
Michael Charles

topchfa, I'd be happy to go sit by your pool then send you a couple of photos!

...was covered with snow, and so was the turnpike from Stockbridge to Boston, though the Berkshires seemed dreamlike on account of that frosting...

I miss the ol n'oreasters especially from the foothills of Mt. Greylock (at my house it was my old back yard)
Old 03-23-2020, 09:01 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to chalpm

All this talk about the Berkshires and Mt Greylock is making me homesick...hubby and I are both natives of North Adams, MA...miss that smell of crisp, fresh air and beautiful mountains everywhere. thanks
Old 03-23-2020, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Charles View Post
topchfa, I'd be happy to go sit by your pool then send you a couple of photos!

...was covered with snow, and so was the turnpike from Stockbridge to Boston, though the Berkshires seemed dreamlike on account of that frosting...

I miss the ol n'oreasters especially from the foothills of Mt. Greylock (at my house it was my old back yard)
Love James Taylor! And assuming you're from North Adams area, you will no doubt also miss (or perhaps NOT miss) driving in a snowstorm, westbound on Route 2, at the hairpin turn and hoping that you will be able to slow down enough to make the turn! So much nicer being here and enjoying the sunshine.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I thought the warm weather was late this year. I hardly ever wore jeans in the winter, maybe 5 times on a typical winter and this year I wore them dozens and dozens of times this past winter. I can remember many times as kid in St. Petersburg and in my 20's and 30's before moving up north when February was the start to summer and going to the beach. This year was was much colder than normal. I like it right now, it's perfect.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:08 AM

topcha, Thanks for the post and the photos. You're correct. If you have to maintain social distancing this is the place to be. Sunny and green. There are many Villagers I see walking the neighborhoods and enjoying sights from their golf carts. We couldn't do that in the snow.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:54 AM

I miss the snow. Very nice to look at when you are retired. living in the villages has its advantages also.
Closed Thread

Tags
snow, villages, pictures, wood, food

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.