Over the air tv

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2021, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Here the rules on any type of outdoor receiver device.

Over-the-Air Reception Devices Rule | Federal Communications Commission

If y9u can figure it out?
Old 11-29-2021, 09:39 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

We have a DB4E in the attic. Works great, but once in a great while at night it will drop the signal for a few seconds if there are rain clouds in the way.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson02852 View Post
Vicinity of Havana CC

We have one in attic and get about 64 channels. That includes all local major networks. We stream Netflix and Amazon Prime.
We do this exact same thing from St. Catherine Village with a $110 antenna bought on Amazon
Old 11-29-2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ SLIM View Post
Does anyone know if it's possible to use an indoor antenna to pick up the OTA free tv signal that covers Wildwood? This would be in the far west side of the Fenney area.
Look at TABLO on Amazon. You can run your antenna coax into it and the TV signals will be broadcast over your wi-fi. No need to run coax to the TVs.
Old 11-29-2021, 11:41 AM
Default This going to sound kind of hillbilly but…

Quote:
Does anyone know if it's possible to use an indoor antenna to pick up the OTA free tv signal that covers Wildwood? This would be in the far west side of the Fenney area.
We are renting a villa in Hawkins for the winter. I want to watch football but the owner only has a smart tv with WiFi, no cable. So, we went to BestBuy and bought an antenna brought it home and hooked it up and did a scan and not one channel. My old boss who is down here in Florida also, said try the beer can antenna. So, I looked up “beer can antenna” on YouTube. Sounds a little hillbilly, I know. But it picked up channels that the store bought antenna didn’t and we got the game. If you do the 4 can version, you can get about 40 channels for free. Very easy to make also. It will get you through until you find one that you want to buy. It is getting us through while renting this place also.
Old 11-29-2021, 11:44 AM
Default Indoor TV antenna

I just bought a Clearstream 60+ from Lowe's and it works in Citrus Grove indoors.[QUOTE=AZ SLIM;2034627Does anyone know if it's possible to use an indoor antenna to pick up the OTA free tv signal that covers Wildwood? This would be in the far west side of the Fenney area.[/QUOTE]
Old 11-29-2021, 12:25 PM

It is definitely possible. Find out the type of station signals and distance. Get an antenna for the attic or side of the house that is rated for the frequencies you need to pull in and the distance you want to cover. Digital antennas have come a long way and you will be astounded by the picture...if you aim it properly. OTA was all we had back in Michigan. Excellent picture and no monthly bills. I did upgrade cables and connections and hire a guy to help me tune precisely. BTW, with two properly connected antennas aimed at different directions you increase the number of channels wo a rotor.

There are professional antenna/tv installers in this area. They may have used/new OTA equipment for sale. They are definitely a resource if you run into problems later.
Old 11-29-2021, 01:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

I had a young man install an outside antenna.
We never get it to work right.

I had a very large tree in back of my house and he claims that wouldn't matter.
He kept coming back and rising it on a PVC piping that after a while when the wind blow, my picture
were all pixels.

I finally gave up after a cost of $400.00`
Old 11-29-2021, 01:47 PM
Default Yes, with a roof mounted antenna or antenna on separate pole.

Quote:
First, you can always put a roof mounted antenna on your roof because of FCC regulations. These regulations prohibit convents or ordiances from not allowing these antennas. This is true for both over the air broadcast TV as well as satellite dishes.
Old 11-29-2021, 04:58 PM

we are moving into Citrus Grove soon. Do you get the major networks with your antennae ?
Old 11-29-2021, 05:16 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

I'm north and I have an indoor antenna. I get 17 channels and they often crack up. But I don't mind, I'm here for the outdoor living!!
Old 12-01-2021, 09:28 AM
Veteran member

No problem. I use an amplified “yagi” antenna I bought on Amazon for $25. Mount it at least 20 to 25 feet above ground level, and aim it at Bithlo Florida, where the Orlando TV antenna farms are. Works well way up north in Springdale, so it should be no issue 20 miles closer in Fenney
Closed Thread

Tags
covers, wildwood, signal, west, side

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.