Owens Corning Roofing

Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Default Owens Corning Roofing

Quite a while ago, it was reported in the POA we could call Owens Corning Roofing and request free of charge, an inspection of our current roofs, for defects -blistering etc. I called them, sent them the necessary information and was told my roof will be inspected in the order of the claim.

My roof was inspected on 3/30/11. I was told my result would come sometime later in the order of inspection.

I have now received a check from Owens Corning who have contracted a roofing company in Oxford Fl to make my repairs. BatterBee Roofing Co.

Owens Corning never gave me a report of what the inspectors found, nor did they tell me of the damage.

All I received was a check and a letter from Owens Corning advising me my roof will be repaired/replaced in the order of schedule.

Has anyone else investigated Owings Corning as it was listed in the POA and to date has had a letter saying they will contract BetterBee Roofing Company to do the job?
Thank you for your cooperation
Ham 62
Old 06-30-2011, 08:37 AM
Smile Roof

We had our home inspected by batter be roofing. They installed the shingles originaly. The shingles had a defect of blistering which would over time cause pemeture failure. You can take the money and keep it or hire any roofer to replace roof. If you do not replace there will not be any warranty on your roof. Owens Corning inspects the shingles now. Ownes had a bad batch of shingles a few years ago and after it was brought to their attention they began inspections to determine which home had them installed.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Default Mu roof

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesmin View Post
We had our home inspected by batter be roofing. They installed the shingles originaly. The shingles had a defect of blistering which would over time cause pemeture failure. You can take the money and keep it or hire any roofer to replace roof. If you do not replace there will not be any warranty on your roof. Owens Corning inspects the shingles now. Ownes had a bad batch of shingles a few years ago and after it was brought to their attention they began inspections to determine which home had them installed.
Thank you very much for the response. I think I have to use BetterBee roofing because the check was made out to Me And them, therefore I doubt I could cash this myself. Are you satified with the new job? Better Bee roofing is not listed with the Better Business Buereau
Thanks again
Old 06-30-2011, 09:34 PM
Sage

They are doing most of the new roofs in the south end FWIW

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.