Packing boxes where to buy

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2021, 06:27 AM

I went on next door duvall and found boxes that people used and had in there garage..you pick them up
Old 02-20-2021, 06:58 AM
Default Free moving boxes

Nextdoor always has someone offering them to whoever wants them. Also, I have 2 lg bags of bubble if you like.
Old 02-20-2021, 07:51 AM

U-haul has wrapping paper and bubble wrap and any supermarket always has empty egg boxes they work great also
Old 02-20-2021, 08:12 AM
Default Boxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
These boxes can be infested with roaches and such. Best be careful if going this route
Which boxes are infested? Hard to follow. Thanks
Old 02-20-2021, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleudeturquoise View Post
Where to buy packing boxes and bubble wrap
Home Depot or Lowe’s. Buy as many as you want and return the one you don’t use
Old 02-20-2021, 08:22 AM

We moved to Florida a couple months ago from Minnesota. I found the best place to buy 3M bubble wrap was from Sam’s Club. The best place to buy 3M shipping tape was Costco. The best places to buy cardboard boxes was Walmart, Menards, Home Depot, and Lowe’s. The best place to buy plastic film wrapping was Walmart. We probably spent a few hundred dollars on the packing supplies, and used Upack ABF for the move.

Some items are odd sizes and won’t fit in cardboard boxes. I bubble wrapped those items and cut cardboard boxes flat, to form cardboard around the items, like large stereo speakers. It took a couple large boxes to wrap items. I then used junk wire to wrap and tie the cardboard to the items.

Large artwork paintings were wrapped in cut flat cardboard. Then wrapped in soft blankets. Then wrapped with plastic film wrapping.

The very fragile item were bubble wrapped only, and we carried inside our vehicle.
Old 02-20-2021, 08:31 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,557 Times in 596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
All the big box stores have these, I think walmart has the lowest prices, but I also think these are SINGLE layer, the Lowe's and Home Depot are typically DOUBLE layer.
True, Ive purchased from Home Depot several times and the boxes are very sturdy. But if youre not in a rush, keep checking publix and Publix liquor stores. Ive had lots of luck in the liquor stor since the boxes are very strong holding the bottles
Old 02-20-2021, 08:39 AM

We're in the process of moving my mother into her home in DeSoto. My wife put out a notice on The Villages Talk on Facebook and Nextdoor towards the end of the first day. Several folks came within an hour and we disposed of 75% of the dishpacks, wardrobe boxes and several boxes of packing paper almost immediately. The rest was picked up the following morning which gave us more room in the garage yesterday for more boxes and paper and those will be gone this morning. If you find a listing, go immediately to pick them up, this stuff moves faster than I ever would have guessed.
Old 02-20-2021, 08:41 AM

We bought all of our boxes and bubble wrap at Walmart. Very inexpensive compared to places like U-Haul, Home Depot, etc.
Old 02-20-2021, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
These boxes can be infested with roaches and such. Best be careful if going this route
Nice to use caution but I have never found a box infested with roaches........let's not scare ourselves to death. I like the expression "if it's free it's for me."
Old 02-20-2021, 08:49 AM

Sam’s Club has both.
Old 02-20-2021, 09:15 AM

Uhaul.
Old 02-20-2021, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

We assume the original poster is looking to move. That may or may not be so.

My two cents worth. In high school I had a job shipping expensive laboratory glassware.
Few know how or would take the time to pack as I do.

As others have suggested people who have moved in are happy to give all the boxes and packing materials you might need. You can buy boxes from the stores like Lowes, Home depo, Walmart etc. For quantity in a size you can locate companies that sell misprinted,
and or overrun boxes.

Free. All the grocery stores get in tons of stuff in boxes. I'm sure there is a good day a best time to visit your local grocery for boxes. We moved about eight years ago but still see the guys loading the shelves and go hey we could have used them-eight years ago.

Boxes for storage in your garage, is not a good idea. Insects, tend to nest in them.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:11 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,858 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
All the big box stores have these, I think walmart has the lowest prices, but I also think these are SINGLE layer, the Lowe's and Home Depot are typically DOUBLE layer.
I had to send a bunch of boxes of paintings north in December. I bought packing boxes at Home Depot, some of them heavy boxes for wardrobes. The woman at The UPS annex said they weren’t heavy enough and showed me that they were maybe rated for 60 lbs, while she said I needed boxes with around a 150 lb rating. Maybe they sold them there. I don’t know. I shipped them elsewhere.

One good place to buy boxes is any U-Haul rental shop.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:22 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltma View Post
Which boxes are infested? Hard to follow. Thanks
I think the post was referring to super markets as they may well have had food in them or stored near food in a warehouse somewhere. It only takes a couple to cause a problem at home. I would go there last.
Closed Thread

Tags
packing, boxes, buy, bubble, wrap

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.