Packing our Pod

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Veteran member
Default pack your POD

Just a FYI.. If you have a (PDP) Plasma Television.....it MUST be transported Vertically.......Do not put in origional box and lay it flat.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
Just a FYI.. If you have a (PDP) Plasma Television.....it MUST be transported Vertically.......Do not put in origional box and lay it flat.
Why's that?

Bill
Old 04-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Veteran member
Default Transport Plasma TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Why's that?

Bill
Never transport a PLASMA Television flat..... because the INTERNAL screen is extremely delicate. The slightest bowing or flexing will possibly compress the gases.....maybe cause crack in internal screen... Then you have a stage prop and not a working TV. Basically the same reason why you would never transport any "flat" glass flat. As an aside, you would also not want to expose it to freezing temperatures.....but that for those moving in the Winter from the North.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
Never transport a PLASMA Television flat..... because the INTERNAL screen is extremely delicate. The slightest bowing or flexing will possibly compress the gases.....maybe cause crack in internal screen... Then you have a stage prop and not a working TV. Basically the same reason why you would never transport any "flat" glass flat. As an aside, you would also not want to expose it to freezing temperatures.....but that for those moving in the Winter from the North.
Thanks for the insight - good stuff to know! Guess I got lucky transporting it from the store to the house..............

Bill
Old 04-11-2011, 08:57 AM

Thanks everyone, you gave us a lot of great advice. Hope to see everyone down there. Linda & Mike
Old 04-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii
Default I read somewhere

That you should put your step stool and small step ladder in last so you have them to help you load and unload the thing. I have noticed when we have had corporate moves they always use my 3 step step stool and step ladder and then throw them in last. I expect they used them to pack other people aft of my load in the truck because they always got lost. I am planing to use a POD or cubes also when we move, so this time hopefully none of my stuff goes missing. All info greatly appreciated.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudyM View Post
That you should put your step stool and small step ladder in last so you have them to help you load and unload the thing. I have noticed when we have had corporate moves they always use my 3 step step stool and step ladder and then throw them in last. I expect they used them to pack other people aft of my load in the truck because they always got lost. I am planing to use a POD or cubes also when we move, so this time hopefully none of my stuff goes missing. All info greatly appreciated.

Ok, what do you guys do with all the garage stuff? Did you also put lawn mowers, generators, weed wackers, tool chest, bigger ladders etc in with the other stuff in your POD?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.