Page Numbers in Microsoft Works

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2013, 12:01 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112
Default Page Numbers in Microsoft Works

Can anyone explain to me how to add page numbers in Microsoft Works to a document, starting with page 5? The Help function does not tell me.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

click on 'inserts' tab and then click on 'page numbers'? will likely do all - not just start @ pg 5 though. maybe you can delete manullly from prior pages?

Old 07-27-2013, 03:32 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

I clicked on Insert, page, but all it did is put in the roman numeral 1, then 11. Each time I had to click on Insert, then page. Isn't there an automatic way to do this?
Old 07-27-2013, 04:08 PM
Default page numbering

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandnancy1112 View Post
Can anyone explain to me how to add page numbers in Microsoft Works to a document, starting with page 5? The Help function does not tell me.
go to File then page setup then other options - this should work but this is Microsoft Works the absolute worse word processing program on the free market....because what should work does not usually!
Old 07-27-2013, 04:54 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentongirl View Post
go to File then page setup then other options - this should work but this is Microsoft Works the absolute worse word processing program on the free market....because what should work does not usually!
That describes Works perfectly. Good luck with your endeavor.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 07-27-2013, 04:56 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Oops, forgot to mention how it works in MS Word -- go to insert, footer, format how you want page numbering to look and tell it to begin on page 5. Works should be pretty similar. (If not, give me a shout out and I'll see if I can help you out.)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.