Staying home and passing the time

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2020, 06:00 AM
Red face Staying home and passing the time

We'll all make it through this ok if we just use good sense:

1. Stay home, or face mandatory requirement to do so. Get your groceries and supplies delivered and don't stand in lines waiting to get food unless you want to catch something from another person in line. This is the hardest thing since a lot of folks don't like to be told what to do, think there are special rules for them, or just "have to" talk to people in person.

2. Pass the time at home. Lots of ways to do that, and if it is restricting, so what? You're being responsible and caring for yourself and others. After all, we're not whining teenagers, are we? There are a hundred things you can do; it's only limited by your imagination:
phone calls: call old friends, one or two a day, each week. They are probably lonely
too.

TV: lots of movies and series to catch up on

games (Racko, Skipbo, Sorry, checkers....etc etc) and puzzles (jigsaw, crossword....can get on Amazon)

start writing that personal history you want to leave your children

indulge your passion: cooking, painting, reading, woodworking (like to sing, compose a song!)

make lists (things you want to do after quarantine: destination restaurants, trips, visiting homebound friends, find a good church, give away clothes to needy families, teach a young person something you know)

3. If we all just do what we need to, respecting the health and welfare of others, we will get through this and have a story that we can tell our grandchildren (p.s., in the meantime, stay away from those little ones).

Be safe; be wise; be happy.

Last edited by Klatu; 04-01-2020 at 06:07 AM.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:05 AM

(like to sing, compose a song!)

Excellent!

Then get out your phone, make a video, upload to youtube, become an instant sensation.

BTW, one of my friends has been performing with a FB feed. Log in, then search for "Carl Fuerstmam"
The Village Rockers is now forming. Stay "tuned" for further details about this new club for musicians, singers and spectators. Send us your name and email address. We will put you on our email list for news, updates, meeting times and playdates.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,349 Times in 2,505 Posts

Paint one wall in any room then sit and time how long it takes to completely dry.
Every day repeat on different wall, and by the end of two to three weeks you will have repainted the house.
Keep meticulous records, so you will know next time you decorate, which order to do walls for quickest drying times.
Then you can start on doors and woodwork using the same plan.
Before you know it , you could be in July!
Then.............................
Old 04-01-2020, 08:13 AM

There is an app called Houseparty. My whole family downloaded it and you can talk, play games and just overall have fun. We go on it everyday night and spend hours laughing, talking and plying some of the games. You can even invite anyone in, doesn’t matter what state they are in. I also talk to my grandchildren on it. Try it, you might like it.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

"Klaatu barada nikto"

The Villages Florida
Old 04-01-2020, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,426 Times in 3,080 Posts

I'm spending time FINALLY getting some of my gardening done. More weeding - some planting, re-arranging of pots, adding more pine nuggets - the weeding is the most time consuming, takes up most of the morning and I'm doing it a couple times every week.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,010 Times in 452 Posts

I now have the time to ponder important issues.

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
home, person, time, catch, lots

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.