Painting Frequency Question

Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2023, 07:29 AM
Veteran member

The new owner can paint the walls after we die.
Old 02-03-2023, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,710 Times in 5,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
Even though I gave you a thumbs up for your response, I'd like to remind people that cleaning marks off a wall often works!
I use a Magic Eraser
Old 02-03-2023, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3461 View Post
When should I paint my interior house that was built in 2015 (The Villages)? The paint still looks clean. Is it okay to wait another two years before painting? Thanks.
Paint it if you want to "jazz it up" a bit. Builder's standard paint looks like an "almond colored paint bomb" exploded within the house; everything, walls, ceiling and trim is the same cheap super-flat almond colored paint. You would be amazed at how much better a room looks with a durable eggshell on the walls and true-white ceilings. Really "pops"!
Old 02-03-2023, 08:59 AM
Veteran member
Default Repainting

Quote:
When should I paint my interior house that was built in 2015 (The Villages)? The paint still looks clean. Is it okay to wait another two years before painting? Thanks.
As long as it's clean, you still like the color, there is no damage from leaks or pets no noticeable fading from windows there is no time table on interior painting.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:29 AM

Quote:
I paint whenever my wife says, "Ya know, I'm kinda tired of this color. What about..."
Old 02-03-2023, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Np need to repaint at all unless you're a heavy smoker
Old 02-03-2023, 10:23 AM

I am a painter with my husband in The Villages. There is no set time of when you should repaint. Most people do it if the walls are looking worn from Kids. pets, fingerprints...but mostly when they want a fresh look with an updated color.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:33 PM

If the paint is in good condition and you are pleased, you can wait. Washing the walls can improve the looks and the cleanliness at little cost.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priebehouse View Post
I paint whenever my wife says, "Ya know, I'm kinda tired of this color. What about..."
I find "shiny things" distract her from that conversation...

Yes, they're more expensive than painting, but it saves me the torture of comparing eleventyseven shades of the SAME COLOR, trying to decide which is the best one...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-03-2023, 11:26 PM

I painted when we moved into our first home and sold it 24 years later having never repainted the interior. With touch ups with left over original paint it still looked new and we loved our walls! We’ve lived in our current home and the paint done at move in is the same paint at 19 years. I had the interior done by a decorator throughout. If I changed on room it would through the harmony of blended colors off, with touch ups with original paint, I’m not planning on repainting any time soon! I know others would look at it as “dated” since it isn’t grey walls and carpet as they seem to like today but it is pleasing to us!
Old 02-04-2023, 05:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,686 Times in 972 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
10 years would be average
you paint the interior when it looks to you like it needs to be repainted, either because of scuffs, fading, hand prints, or you are just plain sick of that color.

You aren't going to cause any structural deterioration of your interior walls by not painting.
Old 02-04-2023, 06:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,511 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I find "shiny things" distract her from that conversation...

Yes, they're more expensive than painting, but it saves me the torture of comparing eleventyseven shades of the SAME COLOR, trying to decide which is the best one...
Nothing says "I love you, wife" like "what color do like for the walls?" The day my husband says that to me (and means it) is the day I marry him all over again.

Every single room in my house is the same shade of beige. I hate beige. With the seething burning fire of a thousand suns. A nice pale grey, or a non-yellowish off-white, and the trim around the doors and the ceiling could be any coordinating hue - from stark white to rusty brown-red - no blues though. Not a fan of blue. Or green - hubby doesn't like green. Or heck, let's go rogue and have each room a different set of colors.

Just anything other than beige.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Nothing says "I love you, wife" like "what color do like for the walls?" The day my husband says that to me (and means it) is the day I marry him all over again.

Every single room in my house is the same shade of beige. I hate beige. With the seething burning fire of a thousand suns. A nice pale grey, or a non-yellowish off-white, and the trim around the doors and the ceiling could be any coordinating hue - from stark white to rusty brown-red - no blues though. Not a fan of blue. Or green - hubby doesn't like green. Or heck, let's go rogue and have each room a different set of colors.

Just anything other than beige.
We went with cream with a darker brown accent for the trim...

Very different for FL, but my wife loves it, so I love it!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0097.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	96763  

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
painting, paint, years, wait, clean

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.