Renting at the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 10-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Default Renting at the Villages

Hi, I am looking to rent at the villages and would like some input from those of you who have done this in the past. Is there a better approach or a rental company that you liked? I have been on Villages4 rent and **** and found some openings, but would like to avoid pitfalls. Also will you get a good taste of TV over two months. Kind of got the feeling renters are not really liked, but seems lots of people start that way before they move. Anything as feedback is appreciated. Looking for Feb and MAE 2008. Thanks Lyn
Old 10-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Default Re: Renting at the Villages

We rented through **** for three weeks and had a wonderful experience. The house was everything we hoped for and even more! After three weeks we felt at home and we believe that you will get a good feel for TV. Although we did not join any of the activities, we did not notice any negative vibes from the residents.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:37 PM

Hi Lynette,
I think Fran & Bob Hyberger are very good and have lots of rentals in the Villages. Their phone is: 409-3714. They have a terrific website with photos of the homes they have for rent. It's located at:
www.bobhyberger.com

Hope this helps.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:29 AM

Lynette --We rented in Winefred last Feb. and saw no renter rejction. I have heard of an occasional negative remark, but nothing serious. We took four days to start looking seriously, bought in Duval two weeks later, and feel we had an accurate feel for The Villages. There is so much here that isn't any where else, that it makes your head spin. You can hide here or wear yourself out. You can rent very new homes through The Villages and almost any thing through < ****.com > type sites or through local agents like Grizzard. Most other sources are less expensive than The Villages, but The Villages do things first class. Before you buy, be sure that you understand things like bonds, districts, taxes, residentcy and closing costs. Look at village related sites like <lylesellsfla.com> and I can highly recommend Village realtor Debra Park.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:40 AM
Send a message via AIM to FireOnWindCSR

Our site is WWW.InTheVillages.COM We lucked out.

Available the month of January, May, June, etc 2008. also listed in **** which is a great source for locating a rental. We're on the Chula golf course.... etc

:bigthumbsup:
Old 10-28-2007, 07:30 PM
Dancing Thyme

Hi, I've rented twice from "Vacation Rentals.com", hit "Florida" and "The Villages."
I have never been disappointed. Houses are just as indicated on pictures and the owners have been wonderful :#1: Arriving this week and hopefully all will be as per planned. Some day, hoping to buy. Kathie

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 10-28-2007, 10:47 PM
Veteran member

Use a by owner web site for sure. Hate to say it but do not rent through the Villages. They will soak you and the people who own the home you rent!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.