Paneras

Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2011, 07:42 AM
Default Paneras

Stopped by the new Paneras at Lake Sumter Landing yesterday.Good Food,Great Service.It is very nicely decorated and no doubt a great addition to our Villages lifestyle.Best of luck to the owners on their new venture.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargee View Post
Stopped by the new Paneras at Lake Sumter Landing yesterday.Good Food,Great Service.It is very nicely decorated and no doubt a great addition to our Villages lifestyle.Best of luck to the owners on their new venture.
Glad to hear they opened. The lovely Diane and I are excited to have anotehr Panera Bread in TV...now if we could just sell our house up north WE'D be in TV.

"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis
Old 04-28-2011, 12:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Let's hope they have the not so magic formula of good food, good service, clean surroundings and reasonable price.....consistently! It is that simple but too many just don't get it. We have been here 7 years and are amazed at the number of food establishments that have had to fold up their tent. Usually because of poor food or service or both.

btk
Old 04-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Default paneras

Is it the food or bad service or is it the high rent they have to pay.ask a few owners and see what they say.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Sage

It's the bad food and bad service. A place with good food and service in TV does very well (see Too Jays, Lighthouse, Cane Garden, Bonefish, Sakura, and a few others).

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 04-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

It is NOT the rent they pay. I personally know enough business owners in Lake Sumter and Spanish Springs to say that. The rent is no higher when they quit than it was the day they signed their lease(s). The rent for commercial space in TV is no more expensive than any other commercial location such as malls or Rolling Acres area.

The rent is an excuse some use as the reason for leaving. The Grateful Dog went from a huge space in TV to a smaller space in TV to a location outside TV and still wound up closing shop.

Whiskey Creek was a welcome steak house here in LSL and they blew it...very poor customer service and bad food.

The rent is a known cost of doing business when signing up to open a business in TV locations.

I am not defending TV position...only that the businesses tha have an appropriate business plan...good/excellent customer service...reasonable customer pricing...a product TV residents like...= a growing business.

Don't ask the ones leaving or closing up. Ask the ones that are still here after the many years since they opened.

btk
Old 04-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Sage

I don't think paying the rent is going to be an issue for the organization that owns this Panera (and the one in SS):
http://www.panera-tampa.com/

They also have a separate business set up for their central/east coast stores in FL as well:
http://orlando.covelli.com/panera/

Additionally, the man's son is a franchisee who covers most of OH as well as parts of PA, WV, KY, and southeast FL:
http://wifi.covelli.com/panera/

They're also franchisees for O'Charley's restaurants as well.

So in this case, I think they've got the rent covered!! (either that or they'll go Chapter 11 in a blaze of glory...... )

I believe the new LSL store will simply be one more nugget in their gold mine. They seem to be "printing money" with their stores.

Bill
Old 04-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Veteran member

I always feel a bit like an old man when I go to a Panera's and get a bowl of one of their great soups and a French baguette, because my Grandfather's favorite food was a cup of Grandma's soup and a hard roll. But it is just soooo good!!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:57 PM
Sage

And if you like going to Panera, make sure you join their "My Panera" program. They give you a card that you present each time you order. Randomly, you get food/beverage "freebies" that you can redeem within 60 days (I believe). And they're all really worthwhile!

Bill
Old 04-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Veteran member
Default Panera outside tables?

Does the new TV Panera have any outside porch wrap-a-round setting (as the previous restaurant had), or is it all inside tables?

Gene
Old 04-28-2011, 09:48 PM

There are outside tables ...

John
Old 04-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Default Too Funny !

For some reason , I thought the title for this was PANCREAS ! Too Funny!
Old 04-29-2011, 06:18 AM

If you eat tooo many oif their godies it could affect your pancreas!!
Old 01-31-2012, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestag View Post
Is it the food or bad service or is it the high rent they have to pay.ask a few owners and see what they say.
Huh?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.