Panhandling

Closed Thread
Old 10-14-2012, 10:49 PM

Report them to Community Watch/VCDD. I reported on someone who was leaving fliers in driveways in my village. They returned my call for details and sent someone out the next day for my flier.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
Hasn't happend at my mail station.
He said the post office,,,I would assume the one off 441 over next to Silver Lake area...
Old 10-15-2012, 06:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueandskip View Post
He said the post office,,,I would assume the one off 441 over next to Silver Lake area...
OP said mail station.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
OP said mail station.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBellis View Post
When I see some asking for money for food (in front of Walmart on 441) I drive to McDonalds, buy a happy meal, and drive back to where they are standing & give it to them.... EVERYTIME I do that, they thank me very kindly... I pull off into a near parking lot to see what they will do, and much to everyones surprise The sit down & gooble it down like it was the only meal the ever eaten.... and in the winter when it is cold, I drive down to the circle K & get them a large Hot Coco and do the same.... One time the guy (as I watched from a the parking lot, & they did not see me) called the other guy who was begging too, shared the coco together!

THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!!!!!! It is always a good thing to think the best of people and count your own blessings. I would rather be gullible than cynical.

jeff
Old 10-15-2012, 09:30 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

In 2 years, I've seen just two things at the Pennecamp pool. The first was about 4 months ago. A member of the Marine Corps League was handing out information on the League. Then last week, a gentleman was running for a seat on the district. I didn't consider either one of them a problem and in fact had some good conversations with both of them.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.