Do you think the virus will be under control by Easter? (approx 3.5 weeks from now)

View Poll Results: Do you think the country will be ready to re-open by Easter? (April 12th)
Yes 21 13.55%
No 121 78.06%
Don't know 13 8.39%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2020, 06:01 AM
Default Do you think the virus will be under control by Easter? (approx 3.5 weeks from now)

Given the statistics, and what has happened in China, Italy, Spain, New York, etc., (AND DON'T INVOLVE POLITICS), do you think the country will really be ready to re-open by Easter? Easter is April 12th.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

The mayor of New York may have a conflicting opinion concerning that date
Old 03-25-2020, 06:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,417 Times in 5,108 Posts

Easter is 18 days from today. More like 2 1/2 weeks.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:06 AM

Two and 1/2 weeks not three and 1/2 weeks! We all hope this is the case but I find it hard to hear stupid stuff like that when American's in New York are facing the real possibility of not enough ventilators.
I wish all of our politicians and news reporters could state the facts and real solutions. There is no need for hours of face time with off the subject thoughts and feelings. It's just not helpful!
Old 03-25-2020, 07:33 AM
Sage

No, with people being permitted to enter Fl and other states from infected areas will allow this virus to IMHO be a threat to at least mid-summer, unlike China we are not a dictatorship, and control is not that strict
Old 03-25-2020, 07:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Of course it won't be "ready to open" by Easter. It's a ridiculous expectation and only the gullible would believe it.

That isn't the point though. The point is - someone expects it to be open by Easter ANYWAY. Whether it's ready or not.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

I heard that churches will be packed on Easter Sunday.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member

No I hope I'm wrong but I think we're only getting started.To many people are not following the suggested rules, traveling, going anyway they feel they want to. My guess we'll be lucky IF we're ready for 4th of July without stricter mandates. The more testing that's being done is turning up more cases of the virus and people are still worried about vacations really ? would you want to go on a cruise ship with a quick turn around from previous cruise or an airplane with your lucky the trash was picked up or a long car trip with rest areas shut down and people from god knows where traveling. Nope staying put period.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
I heard that churches will be packed on Easter Sunday.
If they are, the congregants will be nominees for Darwin Awards.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:48 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

COUNTRY "ready to be open" is way too broad and all-encompassing.

I believe the intent (and Pres Trump's declaration) meant to imply NOT the ENTIRE USA. But, as he finally confirmed after being questioned, it MAY apply to those areas of the country that show no or very little CV-19 infections. As of now, and perhaps 2 weeks from now as well, there are so many areas not affected or have few infections. They should follow the guidelines to limit or stop CV-19 spread.

Of course much of the northeast, northwest, southwest, upper midwest, and perhaps south FL will prob be quarantined for many weeks as dictated by the testing population data.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:51 AM

We can only hope, that’s what the president is doing providing hope.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
COUNTRY "ready to be open" is way too broad and all-encompassing.

I believe the intent (and Pres Trump's declaration) meant to imply NOT the ENTIRE USA. But, as he finally confirmed after being questioned, it MAY apply to those areas of the country that show no or very little CV-19 infections. As of now, and perhaps 2 weeks from now as well, there are so many areas not affected or have few infections. They should follow the guidelines to limit or stop CV-19 spread.

Of course much of the northeast, northwest, southwest, upper midwest, and perhaps south FL will prob be quarantined for many weeks as dictated by the testing population data.
Those areas that are not infected - unless they SHUT down and stay down, will soon become hotspots for "refugees" from the infected states to flee to in the hopes that they'll find safety and good health there. And of course - it's inevitable that some of them will themselves be infected and spread to those currently-healthy states.

That is what happened in Florida.

Think of it as a rust spot on a car. You can cut the rust out but if you don't protect the edges it'll not only get rusty again, it'll spread and rust the whole thing.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,205 Posts

Coronavirus Act Now

CovidActNow.org was created by a team of data scientists, engineers, and designers in partnership with epidemiologists, public health officials, and political leaders to help understand how the COVID-19 pandemic will affect their region.

This tool is built to enable political leaders to quickly make decisions in their Coronavirus response informed by best available data and modeling.

We built this tool to answer critically important questions such as:

What will the impact be in my region be and when can I expect it?
How long until my hospital system is under severe pressure?
What is my menu of interventions, and how will they address the spread of Coronavirus?

Who built this tool?

CoVidActNow was founded by Max Henderson, Rep Jonathan Kreiss-Tomkins, Igor Kofman, and Zack Rosen, with medical and policy guidance from Nirav R. Shah (MD, MPH, senior scholar, Stanford University Clinical Excellence Research Center).
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	BD356860-FD7E-408F-AFB7-5FCE6FB544A4.jpg
Views:	790
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	83281  
Old 03-25-2020, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

With the total lack of control of who comes into the state from where along with far too many not adhering to the avoidance guidelines......the potential seems to be FL could be much worse by Easter.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Those areas that are not infected - unless they SHUT down and stay down, will soon become hotspots for "refugees" from the infected states to flee to in the hopes that they'll find safety and good health there. And of course - it's inevitable that some of them will themselves be infected and spread to those currently-healthy states.

That is what happened in Florida.

Think of it as a rust spot on a car. You can cut the rust out but if you don't protect the edges it'll not only get rusty again, it'll spread and rust the whole thing.
And not getting political, we also need to be concerned about Mexico and transit thru it into the US as they are just now starting to bloom in number of cases. They seem to be behind us at least 2 weeks or so in cases reported (we have no way of knowing how many are actually ill and able to get tested or not). With the Canadian boarder, I have more confidence in the stats being reported by a non impoverished "land connected" route into the US.
Closed Thread

Tags
easter, politics, york, involve, country

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.