PANJO and Craiglist

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2015, 06:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts
Default PANJO and Craiglist

Well I tried the "classified" section to get rid of some stuff FOR FREE. I was directed to the Panjo site, where I entered all of the info. This was 3 weeks ago. I went to check my ad and COULD NOT FIND IT. Tried several different searches, complained to ToTV. Eventually found the ad, never got a response, surprise, I doubt anyone else saw the ad. I even got 2 notices from Panjo asking if my stuff sold.

Yesterday placed an ad on Craigslist, stuff gone today, with 3 other offers.

Guess what, going to use CL in the future.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Sage

I've never used Panjo, but I buy and sell on Craig's List frequently. Never had a problem and items sell fast if you are realistic with your asking price.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Talking

We sold four things on Panjo and two things on Craigs list, prices must be reasonable. On Panjo an email is sent when live, it was fun to sell things and meet people
Old 01-08-2015, 08:20 PM

What is the closest area for listing on Craig's List, e.g. North Central FL, Orlando, etc.?
Old 01-08-2015, 08:25 PM

After looking at CL a little. It looks like Ocala would be the closest geographic posting/selling area. Yes?
Old 01-08-2015, 10:49 PM
Veteran member

It would appear to be Ocala. Yes.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:17 AM
Veteran member

I have successfully sold multiple items on: the "old" TOTV classifieds, Panjo, craigslist. I have had little to no problems with the mechanics of any of the 3 and all have worked successfully for me.

While craigslist reaches a larger audience ..... listings in popular categories will tend to be driven down the list as new ones are posted.

IMO .... one if the single biggest factors of how fast an item sells is .... timing. You have to have someone looking for what you are selling and see your listing.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:37 AM
Platinum member

Panjo keeps sending me an email asking if my item has sold. I gave the item away to a friend. I have tried cancelling my ad, but Panjo sends a message saying there's a problem and administration will be notified. I am just leaving it on the site, I guess.

my other 2 items sold the same day I put up the ad.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 01-09-2015, 11:24 AM
Veteran member

I have emailed about 5 sellers on Panjo from this site and NONE have responded. I am getting a little annoyed to be honest. I think I will start PMing the sellers directly
Old 01-09-2015, 11:33 AM
Default removing your listing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
I have emailed about 5 sellers on Panjo from this site and NONE have responded. I am getting a little annoyed to be honest. I think I will start PMing the sellers directly
I cannot figure out how to remove my items once they have sold. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-09-2015, 12:12 PM
TOTV Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiamp1 View Post
I cannot figure out how to remove my items once they have sold. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
If you had your buyer click on the Buy Now button, Panjo will automatically mark the item sold. You can still do this now.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiamp1 View Post
on the upper right hand corner of your listing is a "edit listing" box. click on the arrow then click on the "cancel listing"
Old 01-09-2015, 01:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

I was not clear on my initial post. The Panjo site is clumsy to use, very confusing, and very unresponsive. I see from some of the above posts that others have similar problems. I have no idea if my FREE stuff was removed when I tried to remove it. The site is so convoluted that I have no idea how to find the ad to confirm removal.

My point, as some other have stated, was why are we forced to use the Panjo site, bring back the "villages only" for sale site on ToTV.

Jus my opinion based on my own experiences.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:39 PM

Panjo is a problem for me as well, I listed a few things a while ago, they were given to charity Panjo keeps asking me if items are gone, it offers a link to edit however the link will not open. Also sometimes I can see photos of listings and sometimes I can not, a real problem to navigate.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I was not clear on my initial post. The Panjo site is clumsy to use, very confusing, and very unresponsive. I see from some of the above posts that others have similar problems. I have no idea if my FREE stuff was removed when I tried to remove it. The site is so convoluted that I have no idea how to find the ad to confirm removal.

My point, as some other have stated, was why are we forced to use the Panjo site, bring back the "villages only" for sale site on ToTV.

Jus my opinion based on my own experiences.
Go the the panjo site.
move cursor to the down arrow in the "marketplace tools" box
click on "your listings"

There everything that you have active on Panjo will be shown. Directly under "actions" you can edit or remove a listing.

I personally have no problem with Panjo and find that it is no harder to use than craigslist ..... or the old TOTV classifieds for that matter (pic sizes were somewhat problematic on it)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.