Parades, public processions

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2020, 01:23 PM
Default Parades, public processions

On Saturday, I was i at Sumter landing, first a parade passed by,, hong , hong, beep , beep, lots of yelling , cheering, than a few moments later a trailer, with lots of political signs and Hugh loud speakers passed around the square and down the side streets, with one person yelling hurray for our our side.
This is not meant to be political, and please do not make it into one side or the other,, but do we really need all this?? ,
I know it is a free speech issue, but don’t we also have the right to enjoy the quiet of a nice morning in the villages??
Old 10-17-2020, 03:30 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmike18 View Post
On Saturday, I was i at Sumter landing, first a parade passed by,, hong , hong, beep , beep, lots of yelling , cheering, than a few moments later a trailer, with lots of political signs and Hugh loud speakers passed around the square and down the side streets, with one person yelling hurray for our our side.
This is not meant to be political, and please do not make it into one side or the other,, but do we really need all this?? ,
I know it is a free speech issue, but don’t we also have the right to enjoy the quiet of a nice morning in the villages??
Kids will be kids.
Old 10-17-2020, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

The streets are public.
Old 10-17-2020, 03:41 PM
John41

Quote:
People who participate in government elections are doing what the founding fathers fought and died for.
Old 10-17-2020, 04:11 PM

It's political season coming to its climax. Let's enjoy the noise and rumpus; it is a nation choosing for its highest office.
Old 10-17-2020, 04:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,642 Times in 1,513 Posts

Quote:
Yep, you can have a nice quiet morning on your patio at home. The Villages has always had celebrations at the squares, and lots and lots of parades. I rarely see them because I very seldom frequent the square. But, I do have a nice quiet and peaceful neighborhood.
Old 10-17-2020, 04:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Um, you go to the square to enjoy quiet?
Old 10-17-2020, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,939 Times in 5,278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Um, you go to the square to enjoy quiet?
It is always very quiet when I take off my hearing aides
Old 10-17-2020, 09:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
The streets are public.
Well then hopefully they received the appropriate parade permits.

That same trailer was moving slowly down 441 with the horns blaring as well. On a 6-lane state highway. I'll go out on a limb and suggest they didn't ask for, or receive, or would have ever received, a parade permit for that stunt.
Old 10-18-2020, 05:15 AM

Remember in few years we won't be around to see things (dead) or won't remember it (memory). Life is short enjoy it.
Old 10-18-2020, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
People who participate in government elections are doing what the founding fathers fought and died for.
Does that give everyone the right to harass and annoy others?
Old 10-18-2020, 05:39 AM

I find it no more annoying than having to drive past a sit-down 'protest' set up at one of the entrances to TV, or one that chases people around TV to start confrontations. The 'parades' around the squares aren't everyday and they make a lap and move on (in my admittedly limited experience). I am curious what activity level is going to be allowed once they make second story apartments down on the squares. Can't see how that is going to be enjoyable for the residents or 'visitors' to the squares.
Old 10-18-2020, 06:24 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,552 Times in 592 Posts

Quote:
Free speech like you said. Dont like it? Stay home
Old 10-18-2020, 06:33 AM

If you want quiet, try one of those other retirement communities in Florida. Many of us enjoy being around activity and moved here for that reason. Sitting on the porch waiting for Wednesday night Bingo is not our idea of living when it comes to retirement.
Old 10-18-2020, 06:41 AM

Quote:
That's why I don't go to the sq. on weekends , all the crazies' come out.
Closed Thread

Tags
side, political, yelling, lots, beep

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.