Parades, public processions

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2020, 10:50 AM

Everyone already knows which candidate they have selected. Further political advertising is not only a waste of time but irritating
Old 10-18-2020, 11:18 AM

Fight the Man
Old 10-18-2020, 11:29 AM

NEWS FLASH! Permits are required for demonstrations in the streets. Note the following from the Florida ACLU:

Do I need a permit before I engage in free speech activity?
Not usually. However, certain types of events require permits. Generally, these events are:

A march or parade that does not stay on the sidewalk, and other events that require blocking traffic or street closure
A large rally requiring the use of sound amplifying devices; or
A rally at certain designated parks or plazas

ALSO: Sumpter County has a NOISE ORDINANCE which the blowing of numerous horns, ridiculous shouting, and use of bullhorns is AGAINST THE LAW. Sumpter County sheriff deputies are not duing their duty to enforce this. I don't care which political party is doing this, its rude.

I go to the square to have a relaxing snack and cocktail and not to have to witness a bunch of idiots who need to get a life.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:35 AM

How longdidthis anoyancelast??
Old 10-18-2020, 12:07 PM

Do our little parade participants and organizers really believe they influence anyone's vote, as if they are truly important? Most people I know live their own life and make their own selection on the political types. I could not care less if my neighbor is caught up in some sort of crowd mentality and has a need to be seen. Signs do not vote and your demos don't influence my opinion. How weak would anyone be to make an important decision because a clown in a golf cart drove past them?
Old 10-18-2020, 12:23 PM

There will always be party poopers, even in Key west...

Last edited by Villagevip; 10-18-2020 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:31 PM
Default Clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post
Do our little parade participants and organizers really believe they influence anyone's vote, as if they are truly important? Most people I know live their own life and make their own selection on the political types. I could not care less if my neighbor is caught up in some sort of crowd mentality and has a need to be seen. Signs do not vote and your demos don't influence my opinion. How weak would anyone be to make an important decision because a clown in a golf cart drove past them?
Well many are weak enough to listen to clowns on the news, TV, and in public office.

It would be disturbing to go out to a nice meal outside and listen to continuous parading/noise regardless of the cause. I would support a single pass by as their courteous freedom of speech.
Old 10-18-2020, 01:09 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts
Default Permits for parades

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
People who participate in government elections are doing what the founding fathers fought and died for.
I agree. It’s a First Amendment right to peacefully assemble. On the other hand, many places I’ve lived required organized parades to have permits with plans for emergencies and first responders access etc. I’m not talking about signs on carts or horns for their favorite candidates but parades of people in carts and/or cars where they block the streets for 30 minutes or more. I know and agree - careful what you wish for.
Old 10-18-2020, 01:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
An example of why there won’t be music in the squares if apartments are built there.
Sir. In my opinion that view is tiresome. I also so not want the CDD form of Government changed. I so like how things are run here and I trust the developers. What is successful for them will be successful for the folks who live here. They do not have a history of shooting themselves in the foot.
Old 10-18-2020, 01:17 PM

It's the Villages. Would you have been happy if it was biting?
Old 10-18-2020, 04:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
An example of why there won’t be music in the squares if apartments are built there.
Could you explain the sense behind this statement?
Old 10-18-2020, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Apartments on the square have little if anything to do with this thread topic.....
Old 10-18-2020, 04:37 PM
Default Lazy much

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
WHAT? Big business lawn cutters. Hmmm are sooooooooooooooooo much cheaper than those in Ohio. And small business lawn cutters too. Thank you ladies and gentlemen for cutting our lawn and you aren't bothering me. I'm the one with the wallwords in the lanai........."If you want to be successful, get up early and work hard." Never have cottoned to lie-abed's.

And on the subject of crowds and parades. People only complain about crowds and parades if they don't line up with their opinions. Some like the Women's March and the "peaceful demonstrations" and some like the political rallies. Actually all of them are groups of people who are passing around enjoyment of common views and viruses.

I don't care what other's do. Thank heavens we have the luxury of choosing to go or to stay. To complain or not. To be satisfied with life with the road bumps or not.
Cut your own lawn if you want cheap. I always have.

As for getting up early is 4am ok. Those who actually protected this nation start early, always have. Don't know the bull Cotton's. But I like quiet. Figures Ohio where the piles must be deeper?
Old 10-18-2020, 04:42 PM
Default Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
were the commercial mowers
Guess they weren't in Palo Alto at that time?
Old 10-18-2020, 04:57 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Sir. In my opinion that view is tiresome. I also so not want the CDD form of Government changed. I so like how things are run here and I trust the developers. What is successful for them will be successful for the folks who live here. They do not have a history of shooting themselves in the foot.
Then why did they lose a $45 million judgement for leaving amenities in disrepair north of 466

And they just lost an election by an overwhelming amount in Sumter. Lots of people unhappy with the change in philosophy.

And they just lost a court case where two realtors who jumped ship to start a new MLS agency.

Did you know the developer made his realtors sign NDA if they wanted to work for TV then fired some of them.

as The Gipper said “Trust but verify”
Closed Thread

Tags
side, political, yelling, lots, beep

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.