Is parking 15+ golf carts with 4-sale signs on your driveway & lawn permitted?

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2019, 08:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Why do you assume I was 'worrying?'. It wasn't anywhere in my area. Just found it interesting and made that area look like downtown Brooklyn and not The Villages. Today 15 golf carts tomorrow 15 2012 Hyundais or Kias. In any case it looked pretty stupid for a residential area anywhere not just in T.V.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You drove by, took the time to not only capture it on video, but then proceeded to post it on TOTV and comment on it. Yes, I’d say that would be defined as worrying.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Why do you assume I was 'worrying?'. It wasn't anywhere in my area. Just found it interesting and made that area look like downtown Brooklyn and not The Villages. Today 15 golf carts tomorrow 15 2012 Hyundais or Kias. In any case it looked pretty stupid for a residential area anywhere not just in T.V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ
According to the sign on the corner of was a 2 day sale only. Gone today.
Maybe it was just a 2 day... 'garage sale.'

Did you notice today, if the garage had been sold...or was it still attached to the house?
Old 05-05-2019, 09:01 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Edward.................Thanks for sharing.

I took it as entertainment, not worrying.

Old 05-05-2019, 09:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Edward.................Thanks for sharing.

I took it as entertainment, not worrying.

Same here.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Maybe it was just a 2 day... 'garage sale.'

Did you notice today, if the garage had been sold...or was it still attached to the house?

That was one hellava garage! Wasn't on my route home today so I assume it's still attached!
Old 05-05-2019, 11:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
If the neighbors are unhappy, they can voice their complaints. Otherwise, why worry about it?
Because it just looks tacky, and The Villages aren't supposed to be tacky. I think home values would be affected if things like this started all over TV.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Because it just looks tacky, and The Villages aren't supposed to be tacky. I think home values would be affected if things like this started all over TV.
I believe the city of Austin, Texas, would have to disagree with you.
Old 05-05-2019, 12:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Which reminds me, are there any real flamingos in TV?

Last edited by Velvet; 05-05-2019 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I believe the city of Austin, Texas, would have to disagree with you.
I don't really care about Austin, Texas. I don't have a house there whose value I want to keep up. TV was designed to maintain a standard. Having a yard sale with carts all over the property doesn't fit into that standard, IMO.
Old 05-05-2019, 02:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I don't really care about Austin, Texas. I don't have a house there whose value I want to keep up. TV was designed to maintain a standard. Having a yard sale with carts all over the property doesn't fit into that standard, IMO.
"Having a yard sale is with carts all over the property" not the only thing that fits into the "tacky" category. You equated "tacky" with lower home values. I'm saying - you would be incorrect.

What some people consider "tacky" other people consider art. And further, others would consider "we're having a dinner party at our house and 12 out of the 19 guests came here with their own golf carts so they're lined up on our front yard for the evening."

Again - just because you don't like something, doesn't make it tacky. It just means you don't like it. You're allowed to not like it. And absolutely, selling many golf carts off your front yard would, and rightly should, be considered having a home business, which is against the rules. But it doesn't make it "tacky" and "tacky" doesn't mean what you think it means.
Old 05-05-2019, 02:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
"Having a yard sale is with carts all over the property" not the only thing that fits into the "tacky" category. You equated "tacky" with lower home values. I'm saying - you would be incorrect.

What some people consider "tacky" other people consider art. And further, others would consider "we're having a dinner party at our house and 12 out of the 19 guests came here with their own golf carts so they're lined up on our front yard for the evening."

Again - just because you don't like something, doesn't make it tacky. It just means you don't like it. You're allowed to not like it. And absolutely, selling many golf carts off your front yard would, and rightly should, be considered having a home business, which is against the rules. But it doesn't make it "tacky" and "tacky" doesn't mean what you think it means.
As a friendly reminder Jaz, the OP said..."Most of them said "this cart for rent" on the windshield with a purchase price tag."

I think most people would agree that's not a "dinner party"...and is "tacky."
Old 05-05-2019, 02:20 PM
Sage

Quote:

Yeah, but just because "we're having a dinner party at our house and 12 out of 19 guests came here with their own golf carts so they're lined up on our front yard for the evening" doesn't equate to a yard sale of used vehicles with signs posted. Plus, they wouldn't be parked on the yard, they'd be on the streets.

I think I know what tacky means.

Even garage sales in The Villages are limited to just that--your garage. Nothing is supposed to be in the driveway or anyplace other than the garage.

TV has its own definition of tacky, and the restrictions we sign up for are preventative. Although I don't know what the restrictions are in your area, I believe this area was south of your area.

If there's stuff like this all over the place in people's yards all the time, it is going to lower the home values. What I'm saying is that if one person gets away with it, it encourages others, and pretty soon things could get out of hand. I signed the restrictions; I'm sticking with them. I want my neighborhood and TV to be free of the ugly stuff.
Old 05-05-2019, 02:29 PM
Sage

I Saw an ad for this golf cart sale...either in the Sun or Next Door. I believe that household runs a golf cart rental business and they were either shutting it down or reducing inventory. Still, I don’t think either the business or this type of “garage” sale is within the covenants and rules. Should be all gone by now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2019, 02:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
I Saw an ad for this golf cart sale...either in the Sun or Next Door. I believe that household runs a golf cart rental business and they were either shutting it down or reducing inventory.
I think I saw that ad. It read:
Post snowbird season old inventory golf cart reduction front lawn sale. Just happens once a year so we can make room in our garage for the new models. Mention coupon code "THE DEV" and get an additional 10% off.

Old 05-05-2019, 03:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
As a friendly reminder Jaz, the OP said..."Most of them said "this cart for rent" on the windshield with a purchase price tag."

I think most people would agree that's not a "dinner party"...and is "tacky."
Absolutely agreed. The last sentence of my post corroborated my agreement. But the statement made was referring to a matter of taste, not a matter of rules. Yard sales aren't "tacky." In addition, what some might call tacky, others might call art. It was a statement painted with a ridiculously broad brushstoke I took issue with.
Closed Thread

Tags
lawn, sale, cart, golf, driveway

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.