Parking Moron

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2015, 06:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
The streets are very narrow in the villa neighborhoods, and the lot sizes are small. I can see why it would be really inconvenient to have to carefully back out of your driveway and go around this vehicle every day. Sorry you have deal with that. Good luck in resolving the issue.
But please don't let the air out of their tires or push the car.

And remember what we say to each other when something is not fair or right or annoying as hell.

We look at each other and we say.

It isn't cancer.

And by this time next month it will be resolved.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:59 AM

The person moved the car last night after dark so it is a moot issue at this point. Just another example of how some people have no common sense or courtesy for others. Thanks for most of the comments especially those recognizing that in the villas, the streets are narrow and parking on the streets creates a problem especially at night. And I didn't even have the opportunity to have a "discussion" with the moron. All in all, if that's the biggest problem I have to deal with, I consider my self a very fortunate man!
Old 02-18-2015, 08:06 AM
Sage

I am happy for you that the moron moved the car. I agree it would have made me nuts too - just because it is unnecessary and rude.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:07 AM
Platinum member

What did you do ?

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 02-18-2015, 10:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mflasch View Post
...All in all, if that's the biggest problem I have to deal with, I consider my self a very fortunate man!
There ya go!
Old 02-18-2015, 10:36 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

All in all, if that's the biggest problem I have to deal with, I consider my self a very fortunate man!

That's what I thought when I read your OP.

On to the next big issue in TV
Old 02-18-2015, 03:32 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

Ok I think that a car parked such that it makes it hard for someone to get in and out of their driveway is cause to be miffed. The OP had a very good reason to be put out. No it is not life threatening but it is really annoying.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudyM View Post
Ok I think that a car parked such that it makes it hard for someone to get in and out of their driveway is cause to be miffed. The OP had a very good reason to be put out. No it is not life threatening but it is really annoying.
If the streets are as narrow as it sounds, a car parked in the street could prevent emergency response vehicles from maneuvering down the street, especially if multiple emergency vehicles would need access to the OP's house or a neighbor's house. That could be life threatening.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:49 PM
Sage

There may be a rule against parking continuously for X number of days. Try calling deed compliance.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41;1014***
You could simply remove the note and find something more productive to concentrate on. You know there are still many more "morons" out there doing other horrible things that could impact you even more. Like saving seats in the squares, taking dogs to dining establishments, busting through our gates, peeing in your pool, contractors speeding, snowbirds clogging the streets, etc.

Or, perhaps consider doing what that famous philosopher, Aaron Rodgers, said: "R-E-L-A-X".

I feel somewhat offended with the "snowbirds clogging the streets" comment. Snowbirds are not the ONLY ones driving in this area. We own homes, pay taxes, support businesses, and pay our fee 12 months a year. I just don't understand the unkind attitude toward snowbirds by some people.
Maybe you should look at us in a positive way..."We just love those snowbirds. They leave in the spring and keep helping us pay for all the things we enjoy all year long." Amen.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
Try calling deed compliance.
The OP advised the car was moved last night.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith Ann View Post
I feel somewhat offended with the "snowbirds clogging the streets" comment. Snowbirds are not the ONLY ones driving in this area. We own homes, pay taxes, support businesses, and pay our fee 12 months a year. I just don't understand the unkind attitude toward snowbirds by some people.
Maybe you should look at us in a positive way..."We just love those snowbirds. They leave in the spring and keep helping us pay for all the things we enjoy all year long." Amen.
Judith Ann, I join you in feeling offended at comments that infer Snowbirds make life miserable for full-time residents.
However I think that most people do understand the economic benefits and look at us in a positive way.
It's only a few people that complain.

Old 02-18-2015, 06:40 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mflasch View Post
I live in a villa and some idiot parked their car on the street in front of my house last Sunday and it is still there today. I called the Sumter County Sheriff who sent out a deputy and he informed me that since it was on private property, there was nothing they could do.
aren't they county roads??
Old 02-18-2015, 06:42 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
I am happy for you that the moron moved the car. I agree it would have made me nuts too - just because it is unnecessary and rude.
the moron moved the car....that would be a good bumper sticker here!
Old 02-18-2015, 06:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneycat View Post
aren't they county roads??

Villa roads are private. Other village roads in unincorporated areas are county. Those in Lady Lake, Wildwood, and soon to be Fruitland Park are municipal.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.