Parking Moron

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2015, 06:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith Ann View Post
I feel somewhat offended with the "snowbirds clogging the streets" comment. Snowbirds are not the ONLY ones driving in this area. We own homes, pay taxes, support businesses, and pay our fee 12 months a year. I just don't understand the unkind attitude toward snowbirds by some people.

Maybe you should look at us in a positive way..."We just love those snowbirds. They leave in the spring and keep helping us pay for all the things we enjoy all year long." Amen.

I love snowbirds. I refer to you as seasonal residents. Thank you for belonging here.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mflasch View Post
The person moved the car last night after dark so it is a moot issue at this point. Just another example of how some people have no common sense or courtesy for others. Thanks for most of the comments especially those recognizing that in the villas, the streets are narrow and parking on the streets creates a problem especially at night. And I didn't even have the opportunity to have a "discussion" with the moron. All in all, if that's the biggest problem I have to deal with, I consider my self a very fortunate man!
Wonder if he was a TOTV member and read what a moron.he was?
Old 02-18-2015, 06:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Judith Ann, I join you in feeling offended at comments that infer Snowbirds make life miserable for full-time residents.
However I think that most people do understand the economic benefits and look at us in a positive way.
It's only a few people that complain.
We full time residents are doing just as much clogging of the streets and the restaurants and the activities as the seasonal residents and the vacationers who rent. There are MORE of us now at this time of the year and it causes some issues of waiting, or crowding. I don't think people dislike the birdies at all. They are delightful folks who love this place and their home here exactly like the frogs..... but the heavier traffic and finding parking sometimes is hard on ALL of US. Don't be offended Judith Ann. Someday you will be a frog too. Not long ago we were birdies.

Snowbirds is just a word. Someone said the seasonal residents in the new Fruitland Park area may be called Fruit Flies.

JUST KIDDING.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:14 PM
Veteran member

I realize the car is moved so it's a mute point, but what struck me as I read this thread was nobody suggested the OP go knock on the neighbor's doors and politely ask if the car belonged to someone visiting them. If it was in front of his house, I doubt there would be more than a few doors to knock on. That seems like a simple, respectful and basic solution. If nobody knew about the car, then it would be time to call the authorities or the rental car company.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager View Post
I realize the car is moved so it's a mute point, but what struck me as I read this thread was nobody suggested the OP go knock on the neighbor's doors and politely ask if the car belonged to someone visiting them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mflasch View Post
... so I polled the immediate neighbors and they do not know whose car it is.
Anyone have any suggestions as to what else I can do?
Thanks
I agree that politely asking neighbors is a wise thing to do.
The OP told us in his first post that he had polled the immediate neighbors.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:16 PM

none of the neighbors know who it belongs to...does this mean that someone from out side the neighborhood, perhaps outside The Villages has decided that this would be a good place to park? Not likely, if it doesn't belong to a guest in one of the neighboring houses and has been unmoved for several days, I would suspect that something is up with that vehicle. It concerns me as I was considering TV for its safety, but if people can come and go just like in "the real world." I might as well stay put.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:11 AM
Sage

This thread was more about human nature in that some people have the attitude of, "it's all about me". They can't inconvenience themselves to park correctly, as they need to save their energy by saving a few footsteps and go onto, doing nothing.

Same people who won't return shopping carts to the proper designated areas, instead of just leaving them, where it's convenient for them.

No one is powerful enough to change their behavior, except themselves.

It reminds me to politely ask my neighbor to have his guest not park in his driveway, as I might back out and hit them, resulting in insurance rates going up for them and me. There is a parking area only a few feet away, GOD forbid they should use it. Somehow, I feel this is an exercise, for getting aerobics, for my tongue.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-19-2015, 02:13 PM
Veteran member

This horse is surely dead by now.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.