Parking Spaces

Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2011, 08:00 AM
Default Parking Spaces

In my never ending quest to find the perfect CYV, I have a questions about the parking.

I plan to have 2 cars. Can I use one parking space that is in the CYV area for guest as a permanent place to park one of my cars? The reason for 2 cars is for my mother in laws car.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1130 View Post
In my never ending quest to find the perfect CYV, I have a questions about the parking.

I plan to have 2 cars. Can I use one parking space that is in the CYV area for guest as a permanent place to park one of my cars? The reason for 2 cars is for my mother in laws car.
Long term, I doubt it would fly. Short term, I'd think the neighbors probably wouldn't have a real problem with it.

I checked the 'Declaration of Restrictions" for some CYVs close to us - Rosedale Villas in Duval. Here's the specific wording I found related to the guest parking spaces:

"Temporary parking depicted on the Plat of the Subdivision is not for the Owner's use but if for the use of Owner's invitees and guests."

If your MIL is only staying with you for a short period of time, the parking shouldn't be an issue. If she's living with you, then the 'permanent parking space for her' would be a problem.

Best to check the deed restrictions for the CVY group you're considering. You can do that here:

http://www.districtgov.org/departmen.../download.aspx

You'll need to know the county and then District within the county, then (obviously) the name of the Villas in order to view the restrictions.

Or..........you can "Beg for forgiveness rather than ask for permission" and suffer the potential wrath of your new neighbors!

Hope all that helps!

Bill
Old 05-22-2011, 10:19 AM

Thanks Bill.

I did not think it would fly but one has to ask the question!

FYI, Duval is were I have found my CYV I want but we have to wait till the house sells here. I love that area.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

If your mother in law is a once-in-a-while visitor, you might consider storing the car in one of the many storage facilities nearby. Or, if she is living with you, instead of a car, get an extra golf cart and forget about a car.

If you MUST have two cars, then the easy answer is to park one inside the garage, and one outside the garage in your driveway. Put the least used one inside the garage, and the one that is driven regularly in the driveway.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.