parking at ss square?

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2015, 05:41 PM
Gold member
Default parking at ss square?

This is exciting with remodel of Katie balls, new Morse ctr etc... Does anyone know about parking yet? I imagine we'll need quite a bit with the square, movies, shops, restaurants, Katie balls and our new theater
Old 04-02-2015, 11:06 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

What is there to know besides the fact that there is no room to provide any more parking close to the square; and that no one has yet seen fit to organize a shuttle service from rec centers to squares?

Old 04-03-2015, 12:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
This is exciting with remodel of Katie balls, new Morse ctr etc... Does anyone know about parking yet? I imagine we'll need quite a bit with the square, movies, shops, restaurants, Katie balls and our new theater
There are 118 posts on the thread called "the Sharon" and a lot of them are about parking.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:07 AM

I enjoy the car cruise in each month at SS. there are thousands of people there and I always find a parking place. I think you are creating a problem that doesn't exist.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:22 AM

I would like to see ALL parking on the streets around the commercial area of all three squares to be "golf cart only", with the exception of a few handicapped spots. You can fit 5 golf carts in the space of one car. All cars would be parked behind the stores in the parking lots. Only 2 golf carts can be parked in a regular parking spot behind the stores. I also think this would look nicer too. Just an idea, but I am sure it's not original.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakel View Post
I would like to see ALL parking on the streets around the commercial area of all three squares to be "golf cart only", with the exception of a few handicapped spots. You can fit 5 golf carts in the space of one car. All cars would be parked behind the stores in the parking lots. Only 2 golf carts can be parked in a regular parking spot behind the stores. I also think this would look nicer too. Just an idea, but I am sure it's not original.
I like it. Good idea!
Old 04-03-2015, 06:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

I would suggest that when folks refer to no parking they mean close in....which is what we all want right?

I would guess there is sufficient parking when one looks 4-6 blocks out.

Have you been to the fair (anywhere)?
One of the theme parks (excluding the trolley that picks you up)?
Any sports stadium?
The theatre in a bigger city?

Almost all involve a substantial walk.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I would suggest that when folks refer to no parking they mean close in....which is what we all want right?

I would guess there is sufficient parking when one looks 4-6 blocks out.

Have you been to the fair (anywhere)?
One of the theme parks (excluding the trolley that picks you up)?
Any sports stadium?
The theatre in a bigger city?

Almost all involve a substantial walk.
Which is exactly why the majority of participants at those events are not over the age of 60. There are only so many handicapped parking spots.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default parking at ss square?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post

Multi-level subterranean parking below Spanish Springs I hear. Oh wait, this is Florida. It will be above Spanish Springs.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:25 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakel View Post
I made this suggestion on TV survey. Cars just take up too much room.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Just up the street form the Bowling alley they are building in the field on the left across from the Town Houses. Maybe parking garage going up? Haha April Fools. Probably more Town Houses in the half million plus dollar range?
Old 04-03-2015, 07:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

The squares are not just for TV residents. Ergo, cars can park anywhere they want. They are public streets.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:14 AM

love the idea of making all parking on Spanish Springs for golf carts with an appropriate number of car handicap spots. Brilliant! Hope it happens!!!
Old 04-03-2015, 08:37 AM
Veteran member

So what's wrong with walking a couple of blocks. After all we are suppose to be "America's Healthiest Hometown". And if we aren't yet, walking a few blocks every so often will help.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:38 AM
Gold member

Not sure the golf cart idea is good. Just cannot see myself in a dress and heels riding in golf cart. Also like many others prefer the car when its pouring out, lightening, too cold, brutally hot etc.. Weather not always cooperative so option for car or cart I believe would be better suited
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.