Parking tickets

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2017, 04:02 PM
Eternal Member
Default Parking tickets

I read in the on-line news that the Sumter County Sheriff will start issuing parking tickets for violating parking regulations in The Villages.

Can anyone tell me how this can be done for golf carts since they are not registered vehicles? No license plates on the non-street legal carts.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:07 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
I read in the on-line news that the Sumter County Sheriff will start issuing parking tickets for violating parking regulations in The Villages.

Can anyone tell me how this can be done for golf carts since they are not registered vehicles? No license plates on the non-street legal carts.
Wait for the driver, ask for ID, take information, hand them a ticket, wish them a nice day.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:38 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

OR

The PD could have more fun........Hire a flatbed to take the cart away, wait for the owner to call, charge the ticket plus towing.

That wouldn't take long to get around TV.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
OR

The PD could have more fun........Hire a flatbed to take the cart away, wait for the owner to call, charge the ticket plus towing.

That's for sure!
Old 11-15-2017, 05:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
OR

Old 11-15-2017, 05:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:

According to Washington Post and CNN
Wheel locks will be attached to golf carts in violation of parking ordinances
Old 11-15-2017, 06:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
According to Washington Post and CNN
Wheel locks will be attached to golf carts in violation of parking ordinances
Looks like I need to start carry slug hammer I was going to say the same thing boot it. So if I take up full slot in my cart will I get ticket? Pulling head first in not correct parking for vehicles?
Old 11-15-2017, 06:12 PM
Veteran member

well maybe towing your cart aint a bad thing , maybe .... , just maybe the driver will learn how to park the cart.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:00 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

As I understand it, what they are trying to prevent is a cart and a car in the same space. However you would have to almost catch them in the act or I would think the cart driver would just say I was there first and the car came later.

We have all seen a cart pull in a space behind or in front of a car that is already in a space. That is what they want to fix. The spaces here are HUGE and you can fit a car plus a cart in most, But that is not legal.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:55 AM
Sage

A cart blocked in a car that belonged to a friend of mine, he released the parking brake and lifted the cart on to the sidewalk-- carts don't have much weight in the front
Old 11-16-2017, 01:10 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

My understanding is only cars will be ticketed for parking violations. I think it would be great to be able to ticket carts as well. I think we should have all carts registered by The Villages. The bad parking by carts will not stop if there are no consequences for the bad behavior.

Not being an expert on local and state laws, there would probably be some changes to local and state laws to compel registration. I realize registering carts would likely add a level of bureaucracy with our District Government, but if done properly the registration and a tag could be used for other purposes as well as clearing up the parking issues. Using RFID for opening the gates as example.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:24 PM
Veteran member

Here's a two-step solution.

1. Bad cart parking first offense - Paint a yellow stripe on the driver side wheel tread. - Place a P.P.P. (proper parking pamphlet) under the scoring clip, (I am still not sure of all the rules, and I'm sure those occasional drivers are also in the dark.)
2. Boot lock the offender on the second infraction.

Signs at the squares detailing proper parking would help.
I don't believe that parking tickets can be issued on private land like parking lots.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSkol View Post
Here's a two-step solution.

1. Bad cart parking first offense - Paint a yellow stripe on the driver side wheel tread. - Place a P.P.P. (proper parking pamphlet) under the scoring clip, (I am still not sure of all the rules, and I'm sure those occasional drivers are also in the dark.)
2. Boot lock the offender on the second infraction.

Signs at the squares detailing proper parking would help.
I don't believe that parking tickets can be issued on private land like parking lots.
why a yellow stripe????
Old 11-16-2017, 02:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Problem is unless official was there how does one know who parked first. Not right to ticket the car if cart pulled into space after. We were parked at the curb end in LSL along with one other cart. ( a bright red with custom wheels that were red and chrome). We we returned from eating red cart gone and a car had snugged into the spot. Had to climb in from passenger side to get in, and backed out. Now that should be a ticket, but short of taking a time date stamped pic your word against someone else
Old 11-16-2017, 02:23 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,299 Times in 536 Posts
Default They will zero in on cars

Quote:

My guess is they will zero in on cars. As always, be careful what you wish for and make darn sure you park your car legally. The Deputy will catch some in a cart as they will be watching you park incorrectly.

Tags
parking, carts, tickets, golf, registered

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.