Part of Brownwood Blvd. will be closed permanently

Closed Thread
Old 06-15-2018, 10:38 PM
Sage
Default Part of Brownwood Blvd. will be closed permanently

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
They are Lofts (Lofts vs apartments directly related to costs ). which will be leased on a yearly contract, not purchased. Great for those that don't want to own a house or have the maintenance associated with ownership. They will be age restricted. They will be within walking (or strolling) distance to the town square. Access to Brownwood will be off Buena Vista or Powell or 44. With the Lofts, healthcare facilities, the developers office building, the hotel and Wolfgang Puck restaurant it will have a different feel

I believe this to be a great addition to TV. Driving by the same trac housing over and over and pretending to be a little different south of SR44 is getting old, very old. Thinking about getting old, I just may want to live in the Lofts when I hit 99.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2018, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Daily Run View Post
Just got an email at work stating that on June 25th Brownwood Blvd heading out to 44A will be closed due to construction on the new apartments
Thanks for the information. That explains why the Villages Airport Shuttle now picks you up just around the corner from where is used to. Normally it stopped just behind the Villages Logo Store. For those of us who live in and use this area of The Villages, it is good to know.
Old 06-16-2018, 06:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Did you mean for your title to mostly show that apartments were being built there, rather than it would be closed permanently? Do you know if they are for assisted living or general use?

Do many people use this section of Brownwood Blvd?

Will it inconvenience you or them? What do you think will happen? Is this positive or not?
By car, there are three other ways of getting in to Brownwood. This is no big deal.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We are looking forward and awaiting the lofts to be complete. We will be getting one for parents so they have no worries about home ownership and just can enjoy their every day life. The assisted livings has resident privileges, so no reason the lofts would not follow suit

When the announcement was made, we were told that there would be a management group, that will handle the leasing on a yearly basis when they are completed. That way the developer does not have everyday dealings with tenets. Which makes good business sense.

Of course until there is a black and white contract ready to sign everything thing is just speculation.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Champion6 posted a site plan on TOTV back in April, here's link to that thread, his first post has the site plan which you need to download to see. The Lofts at Brownwood

Below is a rendering of The Lofts from the Daily Sun. I noticed this week the construction zone has been fenced in and there is now earth moving equipment on site.

The Villages Florida

As far as Brownwood Blvd, I've used that road to go to the square ever since that square opened. It's convenient, it's an easy access rather than driving down through all the shops, and I usually found a parking space behind the sales office which was close. Entering the square now from the north, I'll probably use Powell Rd instead of Buena Vista, and use the traffic circle just before Traverse Shopping Center and park behind Toojays or in that vicinity.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:45 AM

"I don't think that is how the Morse family works. A lot of folks agree with me." On the other side of the coin, a lot of people agree with the contrary!
Old 06-16-2018, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagjr1 View Post
"I don't think that is how the Morse family works. A lot of folks agree with me."

On the other side of the coin, a lot of people agree with the contrary!
Yep.
Old 06-16-2018, 06:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Wannabes musing to themselves "I could be an independent developer and create the most popular retirement community in the world creating jobs for thousands and homes for 100s of thousands, or I could just get a government job and play it safe"

Wannabes "Guess I'll just have to be happy with my pension and take potshots from the sidelines."
I take you are criticizing all those who spent their career working for the government, like police fire and military all of whom get excellent pensions. Why would you do that?
Old 06-16-2018, 07:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
I take you are criticizing all those who spent their career working for the government, like police fire and military all of whom get excellent pensions. Why would you do that?
I thought I answered that question, but can't find it now...so maybe forgot to hit 'enter?'
Old 06-16-2018, 08:03 PM
TOTV Moderator

The topic of this thread is the closure of the road to facilitate the construction of the lofts development. Off topic and directed posts have been removed. Please stay on the topic at hand.

Thank you.

Closed Thread

Tags
closed, blvd, brownwood, 25th, 44a

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.