Part time jobs easy or hard to get?

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2019, 03:12 PM

Financially we were more than set at 46 and 47, but when cobra went up to 1,300 per month we decided to go back to work. We both loved our city govt jobs and had full benefits and negotiated 4 weeks paid vacation so took great trips around the world. We now will never have any concerns regarding money, have more than we'll ever need as we were saving more and investing more throughout the years. Our thoughts were why spend down our savings and work part time when we could work a few hours more and be adding to our net worth. Just a thought. We lived here 2 years before we got jobs, waited for jobs we were happy in, searched outside the Villages and made more than 3x what you'll make in the Villages. I just retired and was actually sad to go. Think about it, adding to your savings for even only a few years is better than taking money out. By the way we now are millionaires, were almost there when we moved here, now well over. Be smart with your money and you'll be rewarded. Like I said, don't wait, whatever you decide regarding working, you'll be happy you made the move. Been here 19 years and loving it even more.
Old 12-30-2019, 03:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

This was posted on Facebook last week, part time positions.

The Villages Florida
Old 12-30-2019, 04:02 PM
Default Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
This was posted on Facebook last week, part time positions.

The Villages Florida
I saw a video on Youtube about this place. WOW! I would be proud to work there if I only knew more than point an shoot. LOL thanks
Old 12-30-2019, 04:29 PM

I have a house restoration company up north for 38 years, and own a house down here at TV. The most difficult thing I find here is trying find a good handyman in electric/plumbing/carpentry who comes before 9-10 AM and works till 3-4 PM. Maybe it's the heat, but I hear alot of folks with the same cry. The only way to get your work done is to call some of the bigger companies around who charge an arm and a leg to do simple tasks,...... and that is not right. If I were a guy with those skills, who was/is honorable, I would put my name out there and you could make a decent living doing work for folks, charge your own fee, and work the hours you want. Thanks for asking the question, and ........does anyone know of a good handyman? Cheerio and Happy New Year
Old 12-30-2019, 05:48 PM

You'll want to work to accumulate your quarters to get Social Security if you're planning on getting that at your full retirement age (or earlier). If it's needed, check at Medicare.gov Just saying--some people forget to take that into consideration. I wish we'd come sooner.
Old 12-31-2019, 06:53 AM
Sage

In Fl, most out of state licenses are not transferable, my massage person had to go to school for 2 years in Fl, despite the fact she had been licensed in NY-- My Electrical contractors license from NJ was not transferable, barbers licenses are not transferable--guess Fl hair is different than hair in other states--licensing is a cash cow in Fl
Old 12-31-2019, 09:09 AM

Villagesgal:
What kind of “ore jobs” did you have?
Did you work for Iron Ore related companies?
Old 01-01-2020, 12:57 PM
Sage

Honestly, if you're not retired-don't work part time,work full time, especially if you don't need the $ to live, invest the additional income, enhance you're SS benefits it will insure a better retirement, especially if the stock mkt continue to be a bull mkt
Old 01-20-2020, 07:22 AM

///
Closed Thread

Tags
part, time, job, work, wife

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.