party at bonifay cc

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2020, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
If you are in your car glancing at stupidity, you are social distancing, by @ least 30'--when it hits the fan in The Villages in the next two weeks--you were warned
Warned? As in the non-stop news coverage, ad naseum about COVID-19? Yeah, we get it. Those that ignore precautions, are going to ignore them. No matter how much fear-mongering ,finger-pointing and public shaming (through photographs) the self-appointed health police are doing.
Old 03-30-2020, 04:43 PM
Sage

Yeh, you might get it, but the idiots who still sit en mass under the shaded benches in LSL don't get it--Australia has limited social distance to two persons--
Old 03-30-2020, 05:06 PM

Here is a prediction: Unless we all get serious and work together to stop this pandemic, The Villages will end up being divided into basically two groups. Group A will be all the people who follow the rules, obey the laws, use common sense and do what they can to protect the people they love and stay safe. Hopefully that is the majority of citizens. Group B will consist of the selfish, don't care about anyone else, ,ignore the authorities, do what they please, entitled Narcissists. They will compound the problem and end up infecting many, including innocent Group A people. Sick Group A people will have a frightening chance of dying from this. So imagine if they find out they got infected by a Group B idiot. They are going to be really ticked off and rightfully so. Narcs don't have the maturity to take responsibility for their thoughtless actions, but they should be held accountable. If they cause the death of an innocent due to their careless attitudes spreading the virus, then they should be prosecuted for manslaughter. You think the division political parties cause is bad? That will look like a kindergarten tea party compared to this. People will start noticing who the Group B ones are and things will never be the same. It will divide The Villages and possibly the country unlike anything we've ever seen. It's really hard to have any respect for narcissists because of their behavior and lack of empathy.
It's going to get worse before it gets better. We have already had to stretch the isolation to the end of April to try and contain the damage. The country might never heal from the financial toll as well. Apparently there are too many not taking this seriously enough, which will just draw this out longer. Martial Law might become necessary to protect the rest of us from you troublemakers. So all you "B"s out there, put your adult panties on, be the solution instead of the problem, and STAY THE FORK HOME already! It's NOT that hard! So what if you're bored. Boo-hoo! Get over yourselves! It's just a temporary inconvenience for the greater good. We are all in the same boat.

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 03-30-2020, 05:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyVet View Post
Here is a prediction: Unless we all get serious and work together to stop this pandemic, The Villages will end up being divided into basically two groups. Group A will be all the people who follow the rules, obey the laws, use common sense and do what they can to protect the people they love and stay safe. Hopefully that is the majority of citizens. Group B will consist of the selfish, don't care about anyone else, ,ignore the authorities, do what they please, entitled Narcissists. They will compound the problem and end up infecting many, including innocent Group A people. Sick Group A people will have a frightening chance of dying from this. So imagine if they find out they got infected by a Group B idiot. They are going to be really ticked off and rightfully so. Narcs don't have the maturity to take responsibility for their thoughtless actions, but they should be held accountable. If they cause the death of an innocent due to their careless attitudes spreading the virus, then they should be prosecuted for manslaughter. You think the division political parties cause is bad? That will look like a kindergarten tea party compared to this. People will start noticing who the Group B ones are and things will never be the same. It will divide The Villages and possibly the country unlike anything we've ever seen. It's really hard to have any respect for narcissists because of their behavior and lack of empathy.
It's going to get worse before it gets better. We have already had to stretch the isolation to the end of April to try and contain the damage. The country might never heal from the financial toll as well. Apparently there are too many not taking this seriously enough, which will just draw this out longer. Martial Law might become necessary to protect the rest of us from you troublemakers. So all you "B"s out there, put your adult panties on, be the solution instead of the problem, and STAY THE FORK HOME already! It's NOT that hard! So what if you're bored. Boo-hoo! Get over yourselves! It's just a temporary inconvenience for the greater good. We are all in the same boat.
I can't decide to agree or not, until you define the groups better. What activities do you consider "group B"?

People sitting on their own lanais/porches outside the door of their house?
People walking their dog?
People getting out to walk alone or with spouse?
People going for a golf cart ride to get fresh air?
People watching the sunset at least 6 feet from anyone else?
Golfers?
Pickleball players?
People congregating in groups and even dancing at the periphery of the squares?
People lining up close to each other waiting for the senior hour at the store?

Some of those are harder to answer than others, which is why I threw the no-brainers in

And then keep in mind people have to go to the grocery store, the pharmacy, and eventually the gas station. Other people need to have their food delivered since they lack mobility

So, if you are a perfect "group A" member, you have every right to be PO'ed if you get the virus from and idiot who joined a group of 40 watching the sunset. But what if you got infected from an asymptomatic person who had to go to the pharmacy to get their life saving cardiac meds? And how would you know which one infected you? Who would you point your divisive finger at?

The point is that you can mitigate the risk, but you cannot eliminate it.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie vohs View Post
I AGREE, DONT IMPOSE YOUR FEELING REGARDING THIS VIRUS ON ME. I THINK ITS ALSO OVER THE TOP. I can die just as easily driving down Buena Vista in a car accident.
As Spock said, “The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.” You may not care if you get sick and maybe die, but there are others who might not want to lose you....and no one has the right to intentionally cause harm by not following guidelines that will help save many, many lives. Sorry, where did you study microbiology?
Old 03-30-2020, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie vohs View Post
I AGREE, DONT IMPOSE YOUR FEELING REGARDING THIS VIRUS ON ME. I THINK ITS ALSO OVER THE TOP. I can die just as easily driving down Buena Vista in a car accident.
Don't you watch the national nightly news? Oh that's right, you are probably dancing at the square or having a party with your friends.
This is serious! People are dying every day. Look at what's happening in New York, New Orleans, LA and now starting in other big cities. Doctors and nurses are risking their lives to take care of the sick and THEY are now dying. Sorry, but if anyone deserves to get this, you do!
Old 03-30-2020, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
I find it interesting that a lot of the posters here advocating "Stay Home", are spending a fair amount of time driving around, documenting other people's transgressions, including taking photos.
They are in their car, not spreading their germs in a group and then going to the grocery store.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzieque View Post
Don't you watch the national nightly news? Oh that's right, you are probably dancing at the square or having a party with your friends.
This is serious! People are dying every day. Look at what's happening in New York, New Orleans, LA and now starting in other big cities. Doctors and nurses are risking their lives to take care of the sick and THEY are now dying. Sorry, but if anyone deserves to get this, you do!
The last line in your sentence. Wow, just wow. Just when I thought I’d seen it all on this site.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
The last line in your sentence. Wow, just wow. Just when I thought I’d seen it all on this site.
Beat me to it!
Old 03-30-2020, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Just did another cruise thru LSL, still a bunch of people violating social distancing guidelines--and noticed two cars with NY tags--ya think they're on vacation ?
I have owned a home in TV for three years. Retirement didn’t start the way I planned, as I had been caring for ill 90 year old parents. Before this whole Covid-19 pandemic was brought to light, we have been in contract to sell our house. It has been hell these past weeks living in limbo with a Pod sitting in my driveway, scheduled furniture donation pick ups cancelled, trying to empty a house that we lived in for forty years that housed five children, and can’t donate to anyone, and it goes on. If this sale does not go through, we stand to lose a lot- including losing a rent from TV house that has now been vacated, and a the sale of our house in a now depressed market.

No one has understood self isolation better than us. We will not even risk going near my mother in a neighboring state. I am an RN who can’t understand the ignorance or selfishness of those ignoring isolation or social distancing. I am a mother of a daughter who has been working as a PA in a Raleigh hospital emergency room without the proper personal protective equipment, as well as admitting patients with a questionable diagnosis. With the attitude of some who stereotype, I as a New Yorker fear going to my long awaited home to the “Friendliest Home Town” where a lynch mob awaits us. So if anyone by chance decides to cruise around and see our NY license plates, I can assure you we are not vacationing.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:37 PM
Sage

Quote I saw today....”The virus doesn’t move, people move it. We stop moving, the virus stops moving, the virus dies. It’s that simple.”
Stay home.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:46 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
You think that's ugly? Get used to it. We haven't seen anything yet. Friends and family are going to start turning on each other, that's what happens. Just pray there is not an all out Martial Law declared.

Steve
Old 03-30-2020, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
A 40th birthday party? A little young to be living in TV.
Must be one of stupid grandma little 40 year old patsies...
Old 03-30-2020, 07:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
New basher in town.
There seems to be more and more every day......
Old 03-30-2020, 09:43 PM

Will there be another event..?
Closed Thread

Tags
party, people, bonifay, sick, hope

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.