party at bonifay cc

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
to the 20 plus people who had the 40th party in back of bonifay cc today at 2pm. you people did not keep the 6 feet away, I hope no one gets sick because of you.
When I walked my dog last night at Sterling Heights, there were four couples at the picnic tables, eating and drinking and sitting right next to each other. What part of social distancing don't they get ?
Old 03-30-2020, 08:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
to the 20 plus people who had the 40th party in back of bonifay cc today at 2pm. you people did not keep the 6 feet away, I hope no one gets sick because of you.
I recall a story from late 1960s about people holding a hurricane party in an apartment building when Hurricane Camille came through. The storm surge washed them all away. This Bonifay party is somewhat similar but just on an extended time period.

Combination of stupidity and irresponsiblity in both cases.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Isn't Bonifay Country Club Restaurant closed? These folks went and sat on the porch? Seems danged dumb and sounds like trespassing. Why? The Villages is a high risk demographic. That flies in the face of all reasonable advice we have been given.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-30-2020 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud1949 View Post
So its up to people how many they congregate with, not at this time ... THERE IS AN EPIDEMIC YOU KNOW. It affects ALL OF US somehow. Whether you are an American or not. 16 folk on the PBall court yesterday.. 20 in a party in a "closed to the public venue", group of 8 golfers 2 feet from each other..... they could infect a 1000 folk in a day. You selfish folk will bring closure of every sport for EVERYONE.
Yes agreed, and you can't fix STUPID
Old 03-30-2020, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsyburnsy View Post
Why aren’t people staying home? Why does there have to be a Governor’s order? TV is not immune. Number of cases is going up exponentially across the nation. Dr. Brix just minutes ago stated that US has implemented social distancing too late in metro areas. Take this Covid19 seriously!
how do you know who those people were? why is it your business to check in & report on your neighbors?
Old 03-30-2020, 09:18 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by devorejh View Post
You can’t dictate to other people how they should act. If some people had a party it’s their business. This is still the United States of America. Many of us feel this is being totally overdone. Each person has to decide for themselves who or how many people they want to be around.
You are wrong. At this point in time, it's all of our business.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
how do you know who those people were? why is it your business to check in & report on your neighbors?
You don’t seem to grasp that what they are doing can affect everyone here. If one of those persons was infected, let’s say they go to the grocery store and touch produce or something and then then other people touch it, one person can potentially infect maybe 100 people. And then those infected people can infect other people and it spreads exponentially. Just look at the lengths they’ve had to go to in Italy for example where people are confined to their homes. We are hoping to avoid reaching that stage by social distancing, duh!
Old 03-30-2020, 09:25 AM

If your actions affected only you, believe me no one would care. This is a highly contagious virus which, it is being discovered, is transmitted BEFORE symptoms appear and so, whether you want to acknowledge it or not, your actions affect others. Grow up and be a responsible adult.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:49 AM

Starter shack maybe
Old 03-30-2020, 10:17 AM
Default You are selfish and wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by devorejh View Post
You can’t dictate to other people how they should act. If some people had a party it’s their business. This is still the United States of America. Many of us feel this is being totally overdone. Each person has to decide for themselves who or how many people they want to be around.
In this crisis, Federal, State, and local governments must dictate to people how they should act. The United States will be decimated (in the true meaning of the word) if people feel this is totally overdone. Each person needs to follow directives and "be around" as small a number of people as possible. The stuation in Florida is bad and getting worse because of the wishy-washy response from the governor. Self distance and stay home.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenoc7 View Post
In this crisis, Federal, State, and local governments must dictate to people how they should act. The United States will be decimated (in the true meaning of the word) if people feel this is totally overdone. Each person needs to follow directives and "be around" as small a number of people as possible. The stuation in Florida is bad and getting worse because of the wishy-washy response from the governor. Self distance and stay home.
The governor has police monitoring interstates for potential incoming "spreaders" and just advised South FL to remains self-isolated until mid-May
Old 03-30-2020, 10:56 AM
Sage

Just did another cruise thru LSL, still a bunch of people violating social distancing guidelines--and noticed two cars with NY tags--ya think they're on vacation ?
Old 03-30-2020, 11:17 AM

I AGREE, DONT IMPOSE YOUR FEELING REGARDING THIS VIRUS ON ME. I THINK ITS ALSO OVER THE TOP. I can die just as easily driving down Buena Vista in a car accident.
Old 03-30-2020, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turning Point View Post
When I walked my dog last night at Sterling Heights, there were four couples at the picnic tables, eating and drinking and sitting right next to each other. What part of social distancing don't they get ?
Perhaps they were family. I don't "distance" myself from my spouse. Let's not get hysterical.
Old 03-30-2020, 11:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
The governor has police monitoring interstates for potential incoming "spreaders" and just advised South FL to remains self-isolated until mid-May
So, what are the "police" going to do, stop anyone that does not have a Florida tag? If so, half the Villagers will get stopped. There is NO lawful quarantine active and there has been no declaration of Martial Law.
Closed Thread

Tags
party, people, bonifay, sick, hope

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.