The Party Is Over

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2017, 08:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,685 Times in 972 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietpepsi View Post
The party not over it's just a different kind of party. mr. midnight is long gone
Maybe I could fill his shoes? But I'd be more like "Mr. Nine-thirty".
Old 02-04-2017, 04:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred R View Post
Well, it is someone that I had wanted to serve as rental agent, and when I hadn't heard from him after several email I asked him to return my keys and my post was his response.
The guy is full of it. I have my rental rented through April of 2018... yes 2018. This is not an annual lease, several single month and several multimonth. No problem doing it on the villagers home for rent website. If anything there is a shortage. Just get someone to do homewatch and clean between renters(very cheap). If anything there is a shortage of rentals, not a surplus.

If you need a contact for good reasonable home watch, PM me.
What a load of crap that guy was handing you.

PF
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 02-04-2017, 04:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Well, it is someone that I had wanted to serve as rental agent, and when I hadn't heard from him after several email I asked him to return my keys and my post was his response.
Manage it yourself. Best reason you get to personally speak to the candidates. Make your own agreement and unlike property manager's you care about your home. I narrowed down to 3 choices sent regrets to the others, and have had the same couple full time for four years. My home looks like the day I closed. I know it sounds scary from long distance but there are a large percentage that use website's on their own and use a homewatch to help.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:35 AM

From my experience this year, I don't think this is true. My husband & I are here for month of February in Chatham area & trying to find a villa for Feb & Mar of next year & everything I have checked on is already rented!
Old 02-06-2017, 08:40 AM
Default Re:Rentals

This is only my first year renting out our home we purchased in August, but by October we had Nov. through April rented and now have May and June rented. I am still getting requests for Feb. March and April with people saying there is nothing available and they are desperate so I am curious as to why some think this is a bad rental season. Possibly it is because I have nothing to compare it with, but we have been more than satisfied with our results. Hopefully this is our first and last renting season as we are planning to move into our home full time by Oct. 2017. Come on retirement.

Teacher Dreaming of the Villages Life
Old 02-06-2017, 10:04 AM
Default My experience

My next door neighbor has been renting for 2 years. I believe the market is strong for new property and rentals. Not so much for resale. My experience with resale of my own home is that the villages continue to flood the market with new home properties and sales incentives. This not only limits resale potential but hold prices down. I have talked to many other and my own experience is resale usually loses value. I have been here 3 years and have not seen existing property values go up south of 466A.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:09 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Well, the good news is TV is built out. No more expansion.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:21 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts
Default Very Amusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Well, the good news is TV is built out. No more expansion.

Very funny. Not during my lifetime!
Old 02-06-2017, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
I offered to rent it for you way back on post number 8.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:28 AM

On a related topic, a realtor told me that when there are 800+ houses for sale in TV, it's a buyer's market. A glut of inventory. When there are 600 or so, it becomes a seller's market. With the new building that continues, prices will stay stable. When they are finally (if ever) done building, prices on pre-owned will go up.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:09 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,247 Times in 362 Posts

I did not get the rentals I wanted this year. My rental manager gave me the same line of BS. They also claim the homes south of 466A ARE renting well but not north of 466. That part probably has some truth to it. I am firing them after March (when the current renter leaves) and going with someone else. I'd love to hear any recommendations for an established management company.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 02-07-2017, 10:40 AM
Default Rented through Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
I am just curious about rentals by owners.

Do you as an owner have to rent to those who could buy here - meaning can you rent to a family having a member under 19 years old?

I know there are not age restrictions (with the exception of under age 19) on buyers just so that The Villages remains at 80% at age 55 or higher.

Has anyone ever had a renter have a child born to them and how would it be handled as to making them move away?
My grandaughter rented in Cottages @ Sumter last Aug with her children 10 yrs & 6 yrs ( her parents also accompanied them over 55) as we could not accommodate them all
Old 02-07-2017, 10:44 AM

Last Aug my grandaughter & her husband, children aged 10 & 6yrs and her parents (over 55) rented at Cottages of Sumter, through Village Rentals for 2 weeks as we could not accommodate them all. They were here for 2 weeks no problems
Old 02-09-2017, 07:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member

A Villages Real estate person has told us that as of right now, The Villages is selling the same amount of pre-owned homes as new homes, about 250 of each per month. Probably because the location of new homes is more on the fringes of the Villages.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:25 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,346 Times in 734 Posts

We were shooting for 50 to 75% occupancy but so far have only hit 25 to 40%. Almost certainly because we charge market then 9% Fl occupancy tax this really turns away the value shoppers. I did reduce the rent once and I can certifify that it was not worth it.

The bulk of rental revenue comes from the 25% occupancy and I am ok with keeping my home in excellent condition for my retirement. Some renters, like those deal shoppers, well lets just say I would not want them as neighbors.
Closed Thread

Tags
party, homes, number, overbuilding, large

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.