Scam...beware!

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2019, 09:53 PM
Sage
Default Scam...beware!

There are two guys riding around in a truck peddling steaks and fish. They tell you a story about how they were supposed to make a delivery to a person down the street and the person went on vacation, wasn’t home...etc. They tell you how good their meat and fish is and that it will stay in the freezer for a year!!!

This “meat” and “fish” is absolutely horrible! It doesn’t even feel like real meat. They got us a few years ago. When I went to cook the “steak” the texture was not even correct. The chicken also had a bad texture and the fish was put in baggies. I threw all of it out!! I called them and told them I was unhappy with the products and he said he would come to see me the next day....yea right. Never showed.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:15 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

"riding around in a truck peddling"
That should've been your 1st clue.
Steve
Old 05-16-2019, 01:29 AM
Veteran member

Oy. A guy came by a couple of weeks ago and said he was delivering Omaha Steaks ... [name of neighbor] wasn't home, he'd give me a great deal, etc. I wouldn't have answered the door but he caught me as I was driving into the garage.

I have no need for a big order of steaks or seafood and told him no, but it didn't occur to me until reading this that he wasn't really from Omaha Steak! Yeesh.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
There are two guys riding around in a truck peddling steaks and fish. They tell you a story about how they were supposed to make a delivery to a person down the street and the person went on vacation, wasn’t home...etc. They tell you how good their meat and fish is and that it will stay in the freezer for a year!!!

This “meat” and “fish” is absolutely horrible! It doesn’t even feel like real meat. They got us a few years ago. When I went to cook the “steak” the texture was not even correct. The chicken also had a bad texture and the fish was put in baggies. I threw all of it out!! I called them and told them I was unhappy with the products and he said he would come to see me the next day....yea right. Never showed.
Sounds like you took the bait
Hook line and sinker
Old 05-16-2019, 07:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

I just got the call that my social security number was suspended, the call appeared to come from 206 231 6105, this is a well known scam, but thought I would let people know the scammers maybe targeting this area. From the newspaper reports, the scammer will ask for you to get a prepaid gift card and give them the number and the pin for the card, and that you will get a credit from SSA when the suspension is lifted, right!!!
Old 05-16-2019, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts
Default There is no shortage of scams

Quote:

That one with the fish and meat was a regular in New York, they must have retired to Florida to avoid UNPAID NY taxes.

"I called them," it is a surprise that they had a phone number and that it worked. Rather than reporting it here, you should report it to-the police-senior crimes-attorney general.

Food from an unknown source CAN BE DANGEROUS TO YOUR HEALTH.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:23 AM
Sage
Default Please be kind with your response

You should not make fun of those who get scammed. We post on here to alert others of smooth talking con artists. We don’t post so you can knock us for falling for such crap. We are generally trusting people and don’t always see one coming. Should we have known...yes. I see people get scammed all the time, however I don’t bash them, I get angry at the scammers. Please be kind when someone is trying to save you from walking off a cliff. We mean well.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
You should not make fun of those who get scammed. We post on here to alert others of smooth talking con artists. We don’t post so you can knock us for falling for such crap. We are generally trusting people and don’t always see one coming. Should we have known...yes. I see people get scammed all the time, however I don’t bash them, I get angry at the scammers. Please be kind when someone is trying to save you from walking off a cliff. We mean well.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-16-2019, 11:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
"riding around in a truck peddling"
That should've been your 1st clue.
Steve
Old 05-16-2019, 11:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,951 Times in 1,706 Posts

Some of us are trusting folks others have come from different backgrounds.

Last edited by Velvet; 05-16-2019 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:55 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,335 Times in 729 Posts

Quote:
Thank you and well stated. These negative comments would not be said in person and should not be posted here.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:43 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
Thank you and well stated. These negative comments would not be said in person and should not be posted here.
Closed Thread

Tags
fish, person, meat, texture, years

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.