Patio Villa Laundry/moving to kitchen from garage

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2019, 01:25 PM
Default Patio Villa Laundry/moving to kitchen from garage

I am considering purchasing a colony patio villa. I am currently renting one with an interior laundry in the kitchen but the one I am looking at for purchase has the laundry in the garage. The garage does have screens. Has anyone turned the laundry around and opened the kitchen wall to accommodate it? If so, how expensive or difficult of a job is this? If you have your laundry in the garage, do you find it terribly oppressive in the summer when doing laundry? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:30 PM
Sage

Lot of expense, buy the villa you would like from the get go--rerouting plumbing on a slab isn't cheap
Old 05-11-2019, 02:22 PM

I am having that project done right now and as Chatbrat pointed out, it isn't cheap. They had to use a jack hammer to reroute the plumbing.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 05-11-2019, 09:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanyc View Post
I am considering purchasing a colony patio villa. I am currently renting one with an interior laundry in the kitchen but the one I am looking at for purchase has the laundry in the garage. The garage does have screens. Has anyone turned the laundry around and opened the kitchen wall to accommodate it? If so, how expensive or difficult of a job is this? If you have your laundry in the garage, do you find it terribly oppressive in the summer when doing laundry? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
I really enjoy garage laundry. Quiet and can do it any time of the day. I usually start my laundry about midnight...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2019, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
I really enjoy garage laundry. Quiet and can do it any time of the day. I usually start my laundry about midnight...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Bingo!
Life begins at "Midnight."

Get it??!?
Old 05-12-2019, 12:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

I stayed in a PV for a month in August one year and found I didn't mind having a garage laundry at the time. So when I bought a PV a few years later, I chose one with a garage laundry figuring it would cut down on noise and excess heat inside the house.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:16 PM

Ours are inside. Even with new quiet tech appliances they are still very noisy. We wish ours were in the garage.
Old 05-12-2019, 06:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Had laundry in the garage for 10 years when we lived in south Florida. I got in the habit of doing laundry early in the morning to escape the oppressive heat later in the day. We had a patio villa here for five years with an interior laundry in the kitchen. I would not want another home with laundry in the garage after experiencing air conditioned and immaculate laundry space.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:51 AM
Veteran member

There are newer villas with laundry rooms inside. Our original home was a Foxglove model with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and interior Laundry room. Unfortunately, the garage was tiny and we moved. Would never want to have a laundry in garage. Too hot and too many critters.

"I never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong."
Old 05-13-2019, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
There are newer villas with laundry rooms inside. Our original home was a Foxglove model with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and interior Laundry room. Unfortunately, the garage was tiny and we moved. Would never want to have a laundry in garage. Too hot and too many critters.

"I never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong."
I think our CYV is the same as yours. Another thing I like about having an interior laundry room is being able to store supplies without them getting dirty or overheated. We have a front-loading dryer, and I drop items quite a bit when pulling them out of the dryer (socks and the like). I wouldn't like having them land on the garage floor.

And the laundry room sink makes a great receptacle for the recycle bag. I can practice my basketball shots from the hallway.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:21 AM
Location: Just moved to the Village of Duval from Pompano Beach.

We just moved here last month. Before we moved in I had the garage floor "epoxied" and I love doing laundry in the garage. I can wash the floor with my swifter to be sure my feet & laundry stay clean.

Tags
laundry, garage, kitchen, patio, villa

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.