Patio Villas

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2020, 02:46 PM
Default Patio Villas

Can anyone tell me about the property lines on a Patio Villa. The side with windows faces your neighbors windowless side. How many feet are considered are owned by the home with the windows? How many feet are owned by the home with no windows on the side?
Old 01-26-2020, 04:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andercat View Post
Can anyone tell me about the property lines on a Patio Villa. The side with windows faces your neighbors windowless side. How many feet are considered are owned by the home with the windows? How many feet are owned by the home with no windows on the side?
Depends on the area.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andercat View Post
I didn't realize patio villas have a windowless side, you sure you not asking about courtyard villas which has an enclosed fenced backyard where privacy is more of a concern? This has been discussed in depth on another thread, it is 5' on the other side of the fence and the owner behind the fence is responsible for maintaining the 5 feet but must allow you to enter for maintenance purposes.

A patio villa is nothing more than a single family home, they've added a faux picket fence to the front and put the lanai on the front and sometimes on the side rather than the back. I didn't realize they had no windows on one side. Here's that thread where the CYV's property lines is discussed.

Allowing access to your “courtyard” villa
Old 01-26-2020, 05:55 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

We recently bought one in Monarch Grove as a rental property and they do in fact have one side without windows. The side with windows goes almost up to the next house side without windows, our sprinklers are within a few inches of the next unit. If you just bought one there should be red flags where the surveyor checked the lot, if new there might be wooden stakes. The easiest way to find out is go to the rear of your lot and find the corner sprinkler heads they are usually right on the property line.
Old 01-26-2020, 06:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I didn't realize patio villas have a windowless side, you sure you not asking about courtyard villas which has an enclosed fenced backyard where privacy is more of a concern? This has been discussed in depth on another thread, it is 5' on the other side of the fence and the owner behind the fence is responsible for maintaining the 5 feet but must allow you to enter for maintenance purposes.

A patio villa is nothing more than a single family home, they've added a faux picket fence to the front and put the lanai on the front and sometimes on the side rather than the back. I didn't realize they had no windows on one side. Here's that thread where the CYV's property lines is discussed.

Allowing access to your “courtyard” villa
Yes a PV has one side without windows, that outside wall, in our old PV had 5’ That belonged to our neighbor. It was their responsibility to maintain the property. In some PV it’s less space

Tags
side, windows, home, owned, feet

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.