PCR Covid testing

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2021, 07:59 AM
Default PCR Covid testing

Many countries require PCR testing within 72 hours before your arrival. Has anyone traveled recently to a foreign country? If so, where in The Villages area did you get your test and how quickly did you get the results?

Last edited by skyking; 06-12-2021 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-18-2021, 05:53 PM

Walgreens will give you a rapid covid test for free in most areas. I had one for travel to Aruba a couple months ago and I pulled up to the drive-through window at 10:52 am, swabbed my nostrils, gave the swab back and had the negative results in my email in less than 90 minutes. My wife had hers done at CVS and it cost her $100 and took 2.5 days.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
Many countries require PCR testing within 72 hours before your arrival. Has anyone traveled recently to a foreign country? If so, where in The Villages area did you get your test and how quickly did you get the results?
We needed a PCR test and drove the golf cart over the bridge to the newish WaWa on I27/441. No appointment needed. Had the test on Sunday and got results Monday before midnight - can pay more for "same day" (but not on Sundays). Their credit card machine wasn't working so had to detour via WaWa ATM to get cash. Also, forgot to take photo ID (passport or driving licence) so had to go back home to get that - our fault. From memory, it was around $130 each.
Old 06-19-2021, 04:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,358 Times in 2,509 Posts

Many are making a fortune charging for all these tests.
Specialy when you look at the fact that the test is out of date the moment it is taken.
Proof of full vaccination should be enough.
Old 06-19-2021, 04:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Many are making a fortune charging for all these tests.
Specialy when you look at the fact that the test is out of date the moment it is taken.
Proof of full vaccination should be enough.
Some of the rules are ridiculous.
My neighbor booked a cruise for their 50th anniversary, both are fully vaccinated, yet......

They are required to get a PCR test within 72 hours of departure AND a rapid test at the port before boarding. Medically, this is idiotic. I think I explained in another thread how the false positive rate climbs sky high when you apply a test to a population that has almost zero chance of having whatever you are testing for. It's like doing diagnostic cardiac stress tests on 18 year old Olympic athletes---you will get 50-70 positives, all of which are false.
Old 06-19-2021, 06:25 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

Or you could just walk across the mexican border. No test required.
Closed Thread

Tags
pcr, testing, test, quickly, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.