People putting Christmas lights on my exterior light post.

Closed Thread
Old 12-13-2019, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Still not enough of the story to tell whether there is a "violation" of any kind.

Like many others, I cannot imagine anybody singling out a lamp post and decorating it....if it truly is a yard lamp, on the residents property, in front of their house.

There is more to the story to be heard/seen/etc.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:42 AM

Exactly. Surely you can talk with your neighbors to find out.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Still not enough of the story to tell whether there is a "violation" of any kind.

Like many others, I cannot imagine anybody singling out a lamp post and decorating it....if it truly is a yard lamp, on the residents property, in front of their house.

There is more to the story to be heard/seen/etc.
I mentioned already that all the houses on my block except for 2 has these lights on their light post, I wasn’t singled out.

I do find it funny that some think there’s some side story. LOL.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:02 AM
Platinum member

If you are like me and exclusively use the garage to enter and exit the house, you may have missed a note left at your front entrance.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:18 AM
Veteran member

How about...hi neighbor, wow what a great tradition. Who can I thank for putting the lights up. Got YA! Sounds like this is your first year in the house. No excuse for breaking your light or not telling you they are putting up lights. Hard to imagine , unless you are out of the loop.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:20 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingjunior View Post
So someone arbitrarily put Christmas lights on my exterior light post which is on my property. They managed to break the cover on the light post and it was just left on the front lawn. I don’t care where they put Christmas decorations in The Villages but they got some nerve sticking it on my property and breaking my light post cover.
VIKINGJUNIOR, sounds like someone doesn't like you for some reason.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Even if the light point was within the Easement area, I can't believe that any part of Easement Regs. allow any Tom, Dick or Harry to stick lights on your property without notification.
I really can't believe it was a neighbor they surely would of known where their property line was. I think someone just had an issue with them, that's to bad. A neighbor would of been to obvious!
Old 12-13-2019, 10:49 AM

That’s pretty rude you should notify whoever is in charge
Old 12-13-2019, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
VIKINGJUNIOR, sounds like someone doesn't like you for some reason.
WHY would you think that folks didn't like him?

There are two things we need to know. What is the theme or reason that others have lights? Who had the balls to decorate someone's property without their permission?

And does the OP KNOW who broke his light???? There are many here in The Villages if they knew where the OP lived could help him replace the broken light.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

So. It is now 11.17 am. This discussion continues on line with no knowledge of who or why, even though that information could be obtained.

HEY VIKING. HAVE YOU TALKED TO YOUR NEIGHBORS YET?
Old 12-13-2019, 04:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingjunior View Post
I’m not usually here around the holidays so I imagine they do this every year. Anyone who knows me would never put Christmas lights on my property without my permission. Again I would’ve not mind the Christmas lights even though I don’t celebrate the holiday but they broke my light post and left the cover on the lawn.

It’s not a big deal but I was just trying to find out if they have any authority to place Christmas lights on people’s property. I don’t think they were intentionally malicious but if you break someone’s light post cover at least fix it.
Still not talking to your neighbors?
Old 12-13-2019, 05:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Since OP is normally not here on holidays, they would have no idea. For me it’s about the broken light. If the CYVs decorate during holidays, and while putting up the lights, broke the lamp they should have notified the owner. Apologized, and offered to fix it. Op stated all post of all houses except for 2 had lights. The lights are not the problem as much as they broke her light, which may not be able to be replaced as original.

We had a neighbor at our first house that didn’t like the way our bushes were trimmed by our lawn guy. (He did a step down cut that we loved) she however didn’t like it, had her guy come and trim our bushes, and sent us a bill.
You can’t make this stuff up. We called the guy asked why he was cutting our bushes. We then informed him we were not paying him, he apologized and was told we wanted to hire him per this neighbor.

Last edited by asianthree; 12-13-2019 at 06:55 PM.
Old 12-13-2019, 05:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,729 Posts

Unbelievable! Good thing you said “our first” house. I hope you have better neighbors now. There is someone I met in TV who got run out of their neighborhood. I could see why too. The entire neighborhood was not pleased with them.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

There are two things we need to know. What is the theme or reason that others have lights? Who had the balls to decorate someone's property without their permission?

And does the OP KNOW who broke his light???? There are many here in The Villages if they knew where the OP lived could help him replace the broken light.
You kinda made my point graciegirl. Maybe, just maybe they said they hated Xmas or made a bad comment about someone’s love one so they decided to do this to them. Someone had the balls to do it, didn’t they? So if I was a good friend of the person, why would I do this? I see what you’re saying graciegirl, but having the balls to do this to a friend would take a lot of balls, so that’s why I said what I did, & I wasn’t trying to be mean!
Old 12-13-2019, 06:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Maybe it was just a bunch of kids running around did this! To kids this probably would be funny.
Closed Thread

Tags
light, post, christmas, put, property

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.