People putting Christmas lights on my exterior light post.

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2019, 08:32 PM
Default People putting Christmas lights on my exterior light post.

So someone arbitrarily put Christmas lights on my exterior light post which is on my property. They managed to break the cover on the light post and it was just left on the front lawn. I don’t care where they put Christmas decorations in The Villages but they got some nerve sticking it on my property and breaking my light post cover.
Old 12-12-2019, 08:52 PM

Take them down and into your house. See who comes to get them back or complains first.
Old 12-12-2019, 08:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingjunior View Post
So someone arbitrarily put Christmas lights on my exterior light post which is on my property. They managed to break the cover on the light post and it was just left on the front lawn. I don’t care where they put Christmas decorations in The Villages but they got some nerve sticking it on my property and breaking my light post cover.
Who are you inferring to when you say “ they put Christmas decorations in The Villages”?
Old 12-12-2019, 09:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,465 Times in 545 Posts

File a police report. Damage to property and trespass.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeowner View Post
Take them down and into your house. See who comes to get them back or complains first.
Yep.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I can't imagine anybody doing something like that, is there more to the story? Got to be.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 12-12-2019, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
I can't imagine anybody doing something like that, is there more to the story? Got to be.
There is nothing more to the story I came home from the store and Christmas lights were plugged into my light post and the broken light cover was left on the front lawn. It seems they put these lights on everyone’s light post on my block except for 2 houses.

I think I’ll do what was suggested and take them down and put them in my house and see who comes to get them. They can have them back when they fix my light post cover.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Is this light post located on an easement and is a street light? I can not imagine anyone putting Christmas lights on the light posts that have the sign with the home owner's names on it.
Old 12-13-2019, 07:39 AM

Just ask a neighbor who put theirs on. Someone knows; and, you most likely won't find out on TOTV.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:17 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

They will be back to get their lights in a few weeks.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
There is nothing more to the story I came home from the store and Christmas lights were plugged into my light post and the broken light cover was left on the front lawn. It seems they put these lights on everyone’s light post on my block except for 2 houses.

I think I’ll do what was suggested and take them down and put them in my house and see who comes to get them. They can have them back when they fix my light post cover.

I feel there is an important part of this story you have left out. IF you live in The Villages, the first persons to call is your local law enforcement. That is more than trespassing, that is vandalism. Time for you to ask Santa for an easily installed camera on the front of your home.

I read back on your posts and you say you live in a Courtyard Villa. Here is a picture of some Courtyard Villa's I found on Bing. Did your street decide to light up using the same colors or something??? Did someone you KNOW of put lights on your light post WITHOUT your knowledge and permission?

WHY don't you ask the other neighbors who had lights put up??????
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	courtyard villa's.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	82211  

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-13-2019 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:

Hold on a minute. Clearly, one of your neighbors has done this. Is this your first year in this home? Is this done every year as a tradition? There is more to the story.

Why not talk to your neighbors instead of going on line?
Old 12-13-2019, 09:08 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Is this light post located on an easement and is a street light? I can not imagine anyone putting Christmas lights on the light posts that have the sign with the home owner's names on it.
Do the Villages street lights on easements have plugs so that something can be plugged into them - and are they at a height that could easily be reached from the ground? My local community has such plugs for seasonal lighting in the town space, but the plugs are more than 12 feet off of the ground.

Old 12-13-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I feel there is an important part of this story you have left out. IF you live in The Villages, the first persons to call is your local law enforcement. That is more than trespassing, that is vandalism. Time for you to ask Santa for an easily installed camera on the front of your home.

I read back on your posts and you say you live in a Courtyard Villa. Here is a picture of some Courtyard Villa's I found on Bing. Did your street decide to light up using the same colors or something??? Did someone you KNOW of put lights on your light post WITHOUT your knowledge and permission?

WHY don't you ask the other neighbors who had lights put up??????
I’m not usually here around the holidays so I imagine they do this every year. Anyone who knows me would never put Christmas lights on my property without my permission. Again I would’ve not mind the Christmas lights even though I don’t celebrate the holiday but they broke my light post and left the cover on the lawn.

It’s not a big deal but I was just trying to find out if they have any authority to place Christmas lights on people’s property. I don’t think they were intentionally malicious but if you break someone’s light post cover at least fix it.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Even if the light point was within the Easement area, I can't believe that any part of Easement Regs. allow any Tom, Dick or Harry to stick lights on your property without notification.
Closed Thread

Tags
light, post, christmas, put, property

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.