Are people really that petty?

Closed Thread
Old 10-14-2020, 10:37 PM
Veteran member
Angry Are there really Villagers that would sink so low - I hope not!

WOW I really find it hard to believe any Villagers would stoop so low as to get tickets just to stop others from going. I can believe that perhaps something came or they didnt fell good or even forgot but just getting tickets to deny others makes no sense to me and if true it has to be a very very small number (I hope they can sleep good at night).
Old 10-15-2020, 04:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadspet View Post
WOW I really find it hard to believe any Villagers would stoop so low as to get tickets just to stop others from going. I can believe that perhaps something came or they didnt fell good or even forgot but just getting tickets to deny others makes no sense to me and if true it has to be a very very small number (I hope they can sleep good at night).
Really? Get on YouTube and watch the golf cart parade from last summer supporting the incumbent. You will see these people standing along the way.
Old 10-15-2020, 05:00 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

not much surprises most of us anymore
Old 10-15-2020, 05:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Well that just depends doesn't it? If you mock them in person, it could be considered harassment, which is against the law, and NOT a constitutional right.
Ummmmm-----1st amendment.

But you are right---if someone is that paralyzed with fear, they need psychiatric help, not mocking.
Old 10-15-2020, 05:07 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,552 Times in 592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
I heard that some people were snatching up tickets to the square music outings and throwing them away, just so other people can’t attend. Is this true? Are people really that petty and ignorant enough to do that? If you don’t want to attend these events, then stay home! I retired and moved here because of the wonderful amenities and activities that go on here. And Town square events was one of them. If you are childish enough to do something like that, then you have bigger mental issues than I can deal with. Stay home and dwindle away to nothing, you won’t be missed. We, however, have chosen to live life and enjoy it! I didn’t spend my entire life working and saving, just to sit inside and watch murder she wrote!
You heard? Again, the rumor mill. If you want to go, get your tix and dont concern yourself with others and the local gossip group.
Old 10-15-2020, 05:17 AM

Right on, we feel the same way.
Old 10-15-2020, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Well that just depends doesn't it? If you mock them in person, it could be considered harassment, which is against the law, and NOT a constitutional right.
A single case of someone insulting you (without threatening some kind of harm) doesn't appear to meet the legal threshold for harassment.

Quote:

Behavior Must Be Repeated

An isolated incident is not harassment – the behavior must be repetitious. If your ex plants a spider in your mailbox knowing you're terrified of them, he hasn't harassed you. If he does so once or twice a week so you live in fear of thrusting your hand inside, this is harassment. The acts don't have to be identical each time, they can be a series of different events. For example, he might plant the spider on Monday, then call you three times on Tuesday for no good reason, just to threaten you with more spiders or call you names.
When Can You Sue for Harassment & Emotional Distress? | Legal Beagle
Old 10-15-2020, 05:23 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
If someone willfully destroys their ticket or just fails to attend, they really don't accomplish a thing. Walk-ins are allowed after 6 pm if capacity allows.
Thanks for the information. I didn’t know this about walk-ins allowed after 6 PM. I’m going to check that out and for sure go down to hear some music.
Old 10-15-2020, 05:28 AM

As sure as I breathe, I know there is....petty to the core...
Old 10-15-2020, 05:31 AM

No political references, apparently your special...
Old 10-15-2020, 05:45 AM

We were in Sumter Town Square 2 nights ago and observed that the square area was not near capacity. Because of this we observed that people without tickets were just waved in. Common sense, love it!!
Old 10-15-2020, 06:15 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES
Default entitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
I heard that some people were snatching up tickets to the square music outings and throwing them away, just so other people can’t attend. Is this true? Are people really that petty and ignorant enough to do that? If you don’t want to attend these events, then stay home! I retired and moved here because of the wonderful amenities and activities that go on here. And Town square events was one of them. If you are childish enough to do something like that, then you have bigger mental issues than I can deal with. Stay home and dwindle away to nothing, you won’t be missed. We, however, have chosen to live life and enjoy it! I didn’t spend my entire life working and saving, just to sit inside and watch murder she wrote!
those are the "entitled"
Old 10-15-2020, 06:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
If someone willfully destroys their ticket or just fails to attend, they really don't accomplish a thing. Walk-ins are allowed after 6 pm if capacity allows.
Wow good to know this I never saw anywhere that said that.

I tried to get tickets for the hooligans online and always said not available. Then at 8.30 a week in advance still not available then 11:30 sold out. The web cams show sparse crowd but sold out.
Old 10-15-2020, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown View Post
There are many of those in The Villages that cannot handle the fact that many of us feel comfortable being out and about and socializing with others.
Wow! You really do not understand why people don’t like seeing super-spreader events. It because they increase the percentage of people who are walking around spreading the disease, which then they might get when they are out and about taking care of necessary chores.

I has absolutely nothing to do with not wanting you to have any fun.
Old 10-15-2020, 06:44 AM
Veteran member

I fell sorry for u . I have two friends both over 90 dying from covid
Closed Thread

Tags
people, events, stay, home, attend

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.