Peoples Gas

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2020, 01:53 PM
Veteran member

Glad to hear you were able to get it resolved and thanks for the update. I've always found People's Gas to be very helpful with customer service issues.

I have a gas stove, hot water heater, and dryer and in 10 years my bill has never wavered from around $22 per month.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:43 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighterrant View Post
This is a public service thread. Review your new gas bill from Peoples Gas.

I just received my June gas bill. $132! That is for a 31 day billing cycle. Our normal gas bill averages around $35 per month.

We live south of 44. So we utilize gas for hot water, kitchen stove and clothes dryer. There are only two of us, and we don’t do a lot of cooking. We have not modified any appliances since the change to Peoples Gas, nor has there been any landscaping activities that might have damaged a gas line.

The only change has been that Peoples Gas is the new provider. The bill did not include any fee(s) for provider change. Peoples does charge around $15 per month for a service fee regardless of usage. So everyone’s gas bill will likely go up that much.

I have spoken with some of my neighbors, and there bills have gone up considerably as well (+$30 to $40). Not as much as mine, but material relative to prior months.

Peoples Gas is going to perform another meter reading for me to confirm usage. And I suspect there will be an adjustment. But if the adjustment results in a bill equivalent to my neighbors, I will still be paying a 100% increase for gas.

I’m just trying to make people aware of the potential issue. Clearly there is a reason Peoples wanted to take over gas service in TV. So some increase to billing is expected. And there isn’t an alternative provider for gas.

But theoretically gas is supposed to be more efficient compared to electric. If I were to swap those appliances to electric appliances, I am confident that my monthly electric bill would increase by a lower amount than what I am paying in gas for the same appliances. Of course one would then have to determine if such savings would be worth the cost of the new appliances.
It is either a bad meter or reading or you have a gas leak
Old 07-10-2020, 10:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Is that really the name of your GAS Supplier? You've gotta be kidding!
You're not still blaming "The Dog" are you?
Old 07-11-2020, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,898 Times in 913 Posts

Our gas bill is correct, opening balance number not zero. We had a security deposit, which was $50. But we also have received a Leesburg gas refund which would include a refund of the security deposit. Did you get a Leesburg gas refund which was unexpected?

If so, net the two together meaning use the Leesburg gas refund to pay for the People's security deposit, and you should be close to a monthly check book amount, assuming that the opening balance was not zero.

sportsguy
Closed Thread

Tags
gas, bill, peoples, appliances, electric

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.