I thought it was a motorcyle, but it wasn't.

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Founder
Default I thought it was a motorcyle, but it wasn't.

This morning, I was walking up Legacy Lane toward the Chatham rec. center when I heard what I thought was a motorcycle speeding up the road across from me. I turned around to look, and was surprised to see that it was a souped-up golf cart in the cart lane. It was not a "street legal" cart rather a standard golf cart with a high speed rear end (I guess) or larger motor, or something. It also had "louder than normal" exhaust pipes

So, how fast was he going? The exact same speed as the automobiles that were trying to pass him. Since none of the cars observe the 25 miles per hour limit, I assume they were going 30 to 35, and so was he.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: I thought it was a motorcyle, but it wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host
This morning, I was walking up Legacy Lane toward the Chatham rec. center when I heard what I thought was a motorcycle speeding up the road across from me. I turned around to look, and was surprised to see that it was a souped-up golf cart in the cart lane. It was not a "street legal" cart rather a standard golf cart with a high speed rear end (I guess) or larger motor, or something. I also had "louder than normal" exhaust pipes

So, how fast was he going? The exact same speed as the automobiles that were trying to pass him. Since none of the cars observe the 25 miles per hour limit, I assume they were going 30 to 35, and so was he.

Where are the boys in blue-- or is it green there-- when you need them? I have not seen any female cops in TV so I hope "boys in blue" does not sound sexist. :cop:
Old 10-16-2007, 07:32 PM

It was probably a golf cart with a motorcycle engine installed under the hood.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Veteran member

That makes me wonder,when the carts are on the road next to me and if they hit me who pays. Also, why no seat belts also no front brakes.No I dont have a golf cart, and probably won't. I think if you are going to drive any thing on the road you should have insurance. Of course motorcycles need not be insured you just need a life insurance policy.I ride a bike and I wouldnt go out on the road without insurance
Old 10-17-2007, 08:16 PM

We have full coverage on all our golf carts. Liability, collision, replacement everything.
Donna
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.