Permanent golf cart crossing on 441/27

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2017, 10:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
Doesn’t the Mayor live in the Historic section? Maybe it’s easier for some to cross there than over the bridge? Could be the Mayor is more aware of the needs of those who live in his community.
He might be more aware of their death wish than the rest of us are.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by refeik View Post
I would call the bridge a permanent cart crossing.
I would call the bridge a permanent crossing also. This may have come up because the access to the bridge was flooded after Irma. But a temp. crossing was made. I heard that some people don't like the bridge, but maybe it could be made wider.
The issue of outsiders crops up periodically because Stone Crest, and Spruce Creek residents want access to our cart accessable pathways. One thing I didn't knowthe last time it came up, (and I might be wrong now) is that over time financial responsibility for the maintenance/upkeep is actually taken over by the actual residents of each Village/district. So if this is true, it really does matter to me personally, and I don't want anyone other than Villagers using the cart paths. Also, there are some roads I cross during snowbird season where it is not uncommon for me to be the 14th or 15th cart waiting. I hope it never comes to the point we need traffic lights on the pathways. Plus the Morse family is still planning more and more Villages down south, which will include Leesburg. We absolutely cannot handle golf cart traffic from everyone in 4 counties who has a golf cart, and lives accessible to the Villages. And if we let some outsiders in, we will have to let everyone in.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:04 AM

The Golf cart bridge has serviced that area for many years. That Old Part of The Villages hasn't grown immensely since so I don't see a need for golf carts to cross the highway other than to possibly cause another golf cart accident or death. So maybe the request does have a political side to it.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:15 AM

The other idea of the request is people like free stuff. Some people buy just outside The Villages only to be close to come to our Squares and beauty. But, they don't have to monetarily support it. They save money. I've heard people say, "I used to live in The Villages but I moved just outside so I don't have to pay The Villages Fees but I can come here anytime I want to listen to the music".
Old 09-23-2017, 07:09 AM
Gold member
Default "once in a 150 problem"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT2TV View Post
I read yesterday that the mayor of Lady Lake was proposing a permanent cart crossing on 441. I have been away from the board for a while, but it was a pretty hot topic previously about not wanting outside communities to have the ability to use golf cart access to TV. I realize there were some problems because of Irma, but that was a once in 150 year problem. I can't find any comments on TOTV about this, but the Villages online newspaper poll had overwhelming support for the crossing. But I can't imagine that other than Stone Crestors and possibly some people from Historic Side might be in favor of it, that it would get much support from the Villages. Have I overlooked the discussion on here?
does not actually mean it will be 150 years till it happens again. It could happen next week. Then what would you call it?
Old 09-23-2017, 07:40 AM
Sage

Not sure if mentioned on this thread. Some people think the bridge is difficult to cross, others have problems crossing with a low charged electric cart.

Real issues for those few affected.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
Not sure if mentioned on this thread. Some people think the bridge is difficult to cross, others have problems crossing with a low charged electric cart.

Real issues for those few affected.
And real issues for a few who try to drive a car over it
Old 09-23-2017, 07:59 AM
Sage

Does anyone recall any golf cart collisions on the bridge?
Old 09-23-2017, 08:18 AM
Veteran member

Nothing will happen without the express consent of hombre a cargo. Never see cart access to Best Buy. Property is not owned by the boss. The boss runs the show and I am happy with that.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
does not actually mean it will be 150 years till it happens again. It could happen next week. Then what would you call it?
Actually I took that 150 years number from the Villages newspaper. It certainly could be next week, but we haven't even had any problems in the 8 years we have been here. If we start getting hit by hurricanes here frequently I think there will be a lot of changes here. My personal opinion is that the reason we flooded so badly is that the Villages did not drain their ponds soon enough, just my opinion, but the ponds were basically overly full to start with.
I don't care if anyone shops, eats or goes to the squares. My concern is just that the MMpaths are already crowded, our roads are already crowded, we drastically increase our population during 4-6 months of the year, and the Villages is already planning about 40 + K more homes....and counting. Don't get me wrong, I love living here, no plans to move, but that doesn't mean that you are blind to potential problem situations. The Villages are "land locked" in a sense. And yes I know the definition, but the way Tv is built, there is really no room for change except on far edges- no way to releave the traffic through TV.With basically only 2 main streets N--S, can you imagine car and golf cart traffic on Morris and BV as soon as they extend BV, and open access to Fenny and the other villages down south?? I know this is long, but it won't take long to build out Fenny at least, and with the Villages spreading out, there are going to be a lot of close by communities who will want access to MMpaths. And not only did we pay extra for our houses per se for use of MMpaths, now we are actually paying for the upkeep by each district. If more and more carts use the paths, that will increase maintenance, and that will come out of our own pockets, not Morris'.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, crossing, permanent, villages, support

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.