6 month rentals-unfurnished?

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2015, 12:43 PM
Question 6 month rentals-unfurnished?

My husband and I have been looking and staying at furnished rentals at TV for short periods (1 week to a couple of months) and are now contemplating a longer rental relationship, possibly 6 months. I've seen a few rentals that show availablity for 6 months but are unfurnished. I'm not sure how that would work. If I have to furnish the unit, what do I do with all the "stuff" when I leave. I'm certainly not going to pay a mover twice a year to transport a whole house of furniture.
Has anyone else run into this? and how is it supposed to work?

Thanks
Old 03-04-2015, 01:56 PM

I think the only way to not have to either move everything, or put it in storage and then get it back out again later (probably with movers), would be to rent furniture. I have never done it so I have no idea of the cost or quality.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:32 PM

Which months are you looking for?
Old 03-04-2015, 03:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

There should be plenty of "furnished" rentals available in the Villages. We rented for 6 months before we bought a house here. If I were you, only consider furnished. I suggest you Google Villages property rentals, management companies, real estate companies, etc. It will take a little homework, but you will be better off for it. We rented a Colony patio villa 4 years ago for June thru November @ $1000.00 per month.
Also check thevillages4rent.com and the Villages Daily Sun newspaper.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiptopeke View Post
My husband and I have been looking and staying at furnished rentals at TV for short periods (1 week to a couple of months) and are now contemplating a longer rental relationship, possibly 6 months. I've seen a few rentals that show availablity for 6 months but are unfurnished. I'm not sure how that would work. If I have to furnish the unit, what do I do with all the "stuff" when I leave. I'm certainly not going to pay a mover twice a year to transport a whole house of furniture.
Has anyone else run into this? and how is it supposed to work?

Thanks
Unfurnished rentals are usually rented out by people who are moving down permanently but would prefer to rent rather than buy OR those who are planning to buy but want to rent for awhile and take their time looking around before jumping into buying. By renting unfurnished they are able to bring their stuff down and not have to also pay for storage somewhere else. As another poster said, if you are just looking to rent as a seasonal resident, there are plenty of furnished homes available for rental for longer periods. In fact, I might know of one - when are you looking to rent?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.