Permit needed?

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2015, 07:47 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy H View Post
why on earth does anyone in this place want a security system?
If you have to question why someone wants a security system then you must not keep up with the local news.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:18 AM

We have the SimpliSafe system and did not need a permit. No architectural review is needed as the installation is strictly on the inside and we did it ourselves in less than 30 minutes. Had it actually used last week with an unplanned entry and it worked beautifully. Highly recommend this low cost option for those of us who just want a little more security in our homes.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:16 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codysmom View Post
We have the SimpliSafe system and did not need a permit. No architectural review is needed as the installation is strictly on the inside and we did it ourselves in less than 30 minutes. Had it actually used last week with an unplanned entry and it worked beautifully. Highly recommend this low cost option for those of us who just want a little more security in our homes.
We have the same system and it works great.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:24 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
I'm hoping that you are being facetious. I can see no reason for the ARC to be involved with something that is not visible from outside the house. Now, if I decide to install 50 cal gun towers, that's another matter.
Fifty cal gun towers. Cool....
Old 03-04-2015, 07:33 PM
Sage
Default Permit needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Fifty cal gun towers. Cool....
The ARC always wants a say on outside improvements. In this case I'm guessing the BATF may also want some input. However, I'm in favor of a trial to see how they work.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:52 PM

I am very pleased with Simplisafe. It is a great system and the support is very customer focused.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.