Permitted homes grow to 49,339

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2018, 04:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Personally, we have no problem with the growth in TV, it does not affect or effect us at all! We live in own little space, shop where we want to shop and enjoy our retirement life. My hope is that the new arrivals coming into the new villages will enjoy themselves as much as we have. If you chose to live in a retirement community, this one takes a lot of beating.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-04-2018, 08:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

So, right now we have 12 championship courses handling 60,000 homes and another 49,000+ homes are going to be built with only one 18 hole championship course planned (by the turnpike service plaza); I really hope the Developers decide to build a few more championship complexes down there.

The courses around the 466a corridor could really get busy once the bridges down south get built.
Old 07-04-2018, 08:40 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
So, right now we have 12 championship courses handling 60,000 homes and another 49,000+ homes are going to be built with only one 18 hole championship course planned (by the turnpike service plaza); I really hope the Developers decide to build a few more championship complexes down there.

The courses around the 466a corridor could really get busy once the bridges down south get built.
They have yet to announce what all is going to be included in the additional acreage or even the original acreage as far as amenities. If the demand is there it will be built, the developers are not stupid, people are not going to be sitting in their home twiddling their thumbs down here, give them some time, you are looking at years before the first person lives in the newly announced areas.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:57 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post

There are 5 Championship courses North of 466, 4 between 466 and 466A, and 3 South of 466A.

The trend is not good for golfers, especially if you live in "the center" of TV
Old 07-04-2018, 10:52 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts
Default Diminishing golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
There are 5 Championship courses North of 466, 4 between 466 and 466A, and 3 South of 466A.

The trend is not good for golfers, especially if you live in "the center" of TV
“Times have changed” when it comes to golf and golf courses. The number of golfers across the country is less today than yesterday. Golf courses are closing and fewer new courses are being built in the United States. In short, adjustments will be made as the next generation reaches retirement age. Fewer golf courses will likely be built in the new Villages to the south. But wait, perhaps a bike trail to Disney World will be built INSTEAD.
Old 07-04-2018, 10:57 PM
Sage

Defined benefit pensions are dead, social security will be adjusted further up in age to collect fully, smaller less expensive houses will be built which is going on now at Fenny and DeSoto. Retirees won’t have enough disposable income to play a championship course. Yes, the times are a changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-2018, 05:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
My opinion is that six years ago, either 1) They lied to you, or 2) They said "will be" and you remember "were," or 3) They said 60,000 residents, which was close, but a slight understatement six years ago.

Anyway ... it's time to update your numbers - along with all the rest of us, too.
I remember quite clearly that I was told there were about 60,000 homes and we were approaching 100,000 residents.

I recall announcements made a few years back that we had gone over 100,000.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Defined benefit pensions are dead, social security will be adjusted further up in age to collect fully, smaller less expensive houses will be built which is going on now at Fenny and DeSoto. Retirees won’t have enough disposable income to play a championship course. Yes, the times are a changing.

Defined pensions are not yet dead but they will be, adjusting SS age is speculation, smaller less expensive homes began when they started building ranch homes north of Fenney, why on earth would you state that retirees won't have enough disposable income to play a championship course? The times will change but not until the 10,000 daily boomers retiring ends.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Defined pensions are not yet dead but they will be, adjusting SS age is speculation, smaller less expensive homes began when they started building ranch homes north of Fenney, why on earth would you state that retirees won't have enough disposable income to play a championship course? The times will change but not until the 10,000 daily boomers retiring ends.
Vintage. I have watched now ever since Fenney began the posts about it and many were and still are negative. It seemed evident to me that the developer had a plan to market this disengaged area that was new to be desirable and attractive to people, and he did offer lovely homes at a reasonable price and some wonderful completed homes with a lot of super features. Fenny has a great ambiance and it is very successfully filling up and I think how the pioneers benefitted from the reasonable prices and nicely outfitted homes.

Vintageoguage, I don't know why anonymous posters would heap critical remarks on a place that many have not visited. I know how annoyed and hurt I felt when we built our second home and people on this forum scoffed at building so near to 466 with all the dirt and noise.

It has turned out to be a lovely and convenient place to live with delightful neighbors and the homes that have gone up for sale here in the seven years have sold quickly and at a good profit.

I wish you continued happiness in your home in Fenney.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:19 AM
Sage

Quote:

Doesn’t matter to me one way or another. The very first sign that my home equity levels due to overbuilding we’re outta here. I’ll watch from afar on the coast as this place turns into a retirement ghetto.

Old 07-05-2018, 07:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Doesn’t matter to me one way or another. The very first sign that my home equity levels due to overbuilding we’re outta here. I’ll watch from afar on the coast as this place turns into a retirement ghetto.

Hopefully by the time that takes place most of us will have passed away.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-flat View Post
Hopefully by the time that takes place most of us will have passed away.

Which is why it’ll turn into a boarded up ghetto.

Old 07-05-2018, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

Hope not.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:49 AM
Sage

Quote:

You mean like Urban Blight, the old sections of the cities turned into ghettos? Good reason to move south if that is going to be the case (not that I think it will happen), down here will be the newest areas and not subject to your speculative conclusions.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
You mean like Urban Blight, the old sections of the cities turned into ghettos? Good reason to move south if that is going to be the case (not that I think it will happen), down here will be the newest areas and not subject to your speculative conclusions.

Again, don’t care. The Florida coast will always be in demand. Money flows to coastal areas not the geographical center of a state or country. That is a fact.

Closed Thread

Tags
villages, homes, florida, oaks, southern

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.