Permitted homes grow to 49,339

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2018, 08:58 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Doesn’t matter to me one way or another. The very first sign that my home equity levels due to overbuilding we’re outta here. I’ll watch from afar on the coast as this place turns into a retirement ghetto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-flat View Post
Hopefully by the time that takes place most of us will have passed away.
Quote:
Which is why it’ll turn into a boarded up ghetto. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, so I'll give you mine. It is impossible to see the future, but I don't foresee TV being a "boarded up ghetto" for many decades, if ever. Sun City, Arizona, arguably the original planned retirement community, is still vibrant and active after some sixty years. It will be interesting to see how TV transitions from developer control to resident control, but my opinion is it will continue to thrive well beyond my life expectancy, just as it has beyond the lives of Harold and Gary.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:33 AM

The rest of the story:
"The number of permitted homes may be higher than actual construction. Villages officials have said they would built up to 17,000 homes on the existing Villages of Southern Oaks property."
Old 07-05-2018, 09:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, so I'll give you mine. It is impossible to see the future, but I don't foresee TV being a "boarded up ghetto" for many decades, if ever. Sun City, Arizona, arguably the original planned retirement community, is still vibrant and active after some sixty years. It will be interesting to see how TV transitions from developer control to resident control, but my opinion is it will continue to thrive well beyond my life expectancy, just as it has beyond the lives of Harold and Gary.

I hope you’re right, not me. I happen to like it here, but love my bank accounts more.

Old 07-05-2018, 12:25 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,339 Times in 1,447 Posts

Quote:
Again, don’t care. The Florida coast will always be in demand. Money flows to coastal areas not the geographical center of a state or country. That is a fact.

Coastal properties continue to rise in cost as well as their taxes, just simple supply and demand math. In addition the cost of insuring costal properties has already become significantly higher than interior homes and after a few more hurricanes full coverage may not even be available. With the 10,000 boomers retiring daily, don't be fooled thinking there will be budget friendly homes available on either coast. Developers in those area are not fools and they know very well what is happening in Florida. Be happy with what you have, you may not be around as long as you plan so live life to it's fullest while you have the chance. For a lot of people TV is the last stop before the Pearly Gates.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
“Times have changed” when it comes to golf and golf courses. The number of golfers across the country is less today than yesterday. Golf courses are closing and fewer new courses are being built in the United States. In short, adjustments will be made as the next generation reaches retirement age. Fewer golf courses will likely be built in the new Villages to the south. But wait, perhaps a bike trail to Disney World will be built INSTEAD.
Bike trails? did you say Bike Trails? Now that would be fantastic. The multimodal paths and streets are great for biking, but a true bike path would be awesome. However, not so sure about Golf. Golf is something a lot of people take up later in life. Believe me, Mellenials will change as they age.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 07-05-2018, 06:59 PM

I told my wife, when moved into the Village of Dunedin, onto Lake Deacon, that within 10 years we would be in the center of the Villages. Old Timers, brace yourself.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:22 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chipster View Post
I told my wife, when moved into the Village of Dunedin, onto Lake Deacon, that within 10 years we would be in the center of the Villages. Old Timers, brace yourself.
I am not an "old timer", but we rented for 9 years before buying this winter. However, I see no need for anyone to have to brace themselves for continued expansion. I am happy to shop, golf, enjoy entertainment, play pickelball, etc. in the same areas I have for most of the past decade. They can build to Orlando as far as I'm concerned and it won't affect my lifestyle much, if any. I am fairly certain the people north of 466 feel mostly unaffected by the growth in the new areas. Naturally there will be some additional demand on existing resources (golf courses, squares, restaurants, shopping) but in time they will have those things in the new areas and they will mostly use their local venues. I am happy in Sanibel.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:52 PM
Sage
Default Permitted homes grow to 49,339

Being in the new “middle” might be irrelevant. Everything we do now is North, don’t see that changing in the future especially with all the new retail at Trailwinds filling up faster than Lake Deaton Plaza with 2 useless banks so far, room for 2 more useless banks.

Last edited by Wiotte; 07-05-2018 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Being in the new “middle” might be irrelevant. Everything we do now is North, don’t see that changing in the future especially with all the new retail at Trailwinds filling up faster than Lake Deaton Plaza with 2 useless banks so far, room for 2 more useless banks.

You ain't seen nothin yet. You'll be traveling south in the not to distant future when all the fresh retail starts filling in the blanks down here. There is one heck of a lot of commercial land south of 44 and it won't sit idle for long. When there is this much growth on the way only a fool would shy away
Old 07-06-2018, 07:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
You ain't seen nothin yet. You'll be traveling south in the not to distant future when all the fresh retail starts filling in the blanks down here. There is one heck of a lot of commercial land south of 44 and it won't sit idle for long. When there is this much growth on the way only a fool would shy away

If the turnpike exit was put in, yes.

Old 07-06-2018, 08:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
If the turnpike exit was put in, yes.

301 and 470 exits will suffice. Along with I-75 exits on 301 and 470. These existing ramps will allow for more than enough highway access to the Southern Villages for years to come. 301 is proposed to be 4-lanes all the way down to Coleman which will make it much easier for those exiting I-75/Turnpike on 301 to get down here as well as for those living north of 44 and west of Buena Vista. Remember, there are no interstates exits near the Rolling Acres and north etc. shopping districts and they seem to be doing quite well and have been for a long time. Build it and they will come. I like Belk's 3 for 1 sales, I hope they build a Belk's down here and a Dick's Sporting Goods and I'm sure Home Depot will be somewhere soon as they are quite far from us, just to name a few. I would notify all of them as to what's going on down here but I'm sure they already know and plans are in the works.
Old 07-07-2018, 05:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
301 and 470 exits will suffice. Along with I-75 exits on 301 and 470. These existing ramps will allow for more than enough highway access to the Southern Villages for years to come. 301 is proposed to be 4-lanes all the way down to Coleman which will make it much easier for those exiting I-75/Turnpike on 301 to get down here as well as for those living north of 44 and west of Buena Vista. Remember, there are no interstates exits near the Rolling Acres and north etc. shopping districts and they seem to be doing quite well and have been for a long time. Build it and they will come. I like Belk's 3 for 1 sales, I hope they build a Belk's down here and a Dick's Sporting Goods and I'm sure Home Depot will be somewhere soon as they are quite far from us, just to name a few. I would notify all of them as to what's going on down here but I'm sure they already know and plans are in the works.

Not gonna happen.

Old 07-07-2018, 06:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Not gonna happen.

Gonna Happen but you stated your leaving anyway so you'll never see them.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,077 Times in 2,744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
So, right now we have 12 championship courses handling 60,000 homes and another 49,000+ homes are going to be built with only one 18 hole championship course planned (by the turnpike service plaza); I really hope the Developers decide to build a few more championship complexes down there.

The courses around the 466a corridor could really get busy once the bridges down south get built.
I second that golfing brother. Millennialis might not be golfing, but retireing baby boomers will still be looking at the Villages as a golfing community. Given both future growth plans, as well as the fact that there has ALREADY been significant growth since Belle Glade opened four years ago, several new Championship courses will need to be built.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

My parents played golf at our country club once a week, in retirement maybe 4 times a week. While I still work, the retired half plays 7 days a week, either in TV, or at CC up north. We have noticed less and less are playing at the club up north.
Our oldest has a place in North Carolina, and TV. They play every day in summer, and maybe once a week in the fall. Middle plays zero golf, youngest plays when he visits in NC, or TV. They all prefer to run, bike, hike, tennis, softball, and go to the gym. Golf will not be a priority for them.

The 3 grands play in summers up north once a week. While they enjoy golf, they too have other interests that are a priority.

We have noticed as we meet new arrivals here, not all play golf.

Tags
villages, homes, florida, oaks, southern

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.