This person gets it.

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Gracie, you may be feeling witchy but I'm definitely in witchy with a capital B mode. And I don't go to coven meetings, which are normally held on Fridays. Just not a joiner. ;-)
Lol! People at coven meetings should be careful what they say. Never know who is who or who is incognito...
Old 10-18-2013, 10:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Huh?
Old 10-19-2013, 04:27 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
When you are driving a car in The Villages, you should be respectful and careful of golf carts but must not forget that cars always have the right of way, so being courteous before the gate and allowing golf cart drivers to pass in front of you may "train" new cart drivers to think that it is their right and put them in potential danger.

I don't "get:" the photograph.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:18 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Okay, my last comment -- this has nothing to do with gates. This has to do with stopping in the golf cart path when you come up to a circle or leaving a village. Not much of an issue south of 466 but very much of one north of 466. Think of it this way -- you wouldn't block a pedestrian crosswalk when you're turning, would you? Well, the golf cart path is akin to a pedestrian crosswalk, just doesn't have the white lines telling you it is. So, stay the heck out of them!!!!!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-19-2013, 08:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Okay, my last comment -- this has nothing to do with gates. This has to do with stopping in the golf cart path when you come up to a circle or leaving a village. Not much of an issue south of 466 but very much of one north of 466. Think of it this way -- you wouldn't block a pedestrian crosswalk when you're turning, would you? Well, the golf cart path is akin to a pedestrian crosswalk, just doesn't have the white lines telling you it is. So, stay the heck out of them!!!!!
Akin does not mean "same as". A pedestrian crosswalk is defined in the vehicle code and requires vehicles to yield to pedestrians in the crosswalk. The MM paths and cart paths are not "crosswalks". Further, the design of the roads and the landscaping that exists at the intersections sometimes dictates that a car has to pull forward in order to be certain it is safe to proceed. If, in doing so, I block a cart from crossing for a short time, so be it.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default I dunno.

We were there the next day. Our Chrysler van would have stuck out in the circle if we had put it where Ms. Betty said to put it.

Always open to suggestions on being a kindly and nicely citizen.

Gracie.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.